Honored Contributor

Re: Our State's Stay at Home Date is Extended

@DustRose wrote:

I think if you're a small business you won't be able to open

after this

@DustRose  You mean the ones who did not get 1 of the 2 loans grants that has now run out of $$$?   icon_razz.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think.even those won't be able to survive

Not to mention the employees who won't have a job

Showed my husband your post.   He works for the gov and he agrees with me

Esteemed Contributor

We were told today quarantine was extended to May 31st. I’m still working though. 

Esteemed Contributor

While it's very lonely and difficult to be in quarantine,  it really is necessary.  We've lost so many citizens already; we can't risk another surge of the virus.

Sadly, no one knows enough about it.  Science takes time, there are no quick fixes.

Honored Contributor

In Georgia, our date is still April 30th. Our governor hasn't said a word lately so who know whether he'll extend it.  We don't get updates like NY and other states do.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

We are ALL........

***Potential Serial Killers***

icon_razz.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

We are ALL........

***Potential Serial Killers***

icon_razz.gif

Only if I don't have to leave the house.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss wrote:

until May 26, 2020.  I think I'm going to just go to bed and cover my head until this is all over. 

Students definitely won't be back to school until fall.  Rumor has it that some districts are contemplating having students repeat the grade they are presently in, especially if they have had access to virtual lessons and have not been doing that.  It's been tracked that at first students were good about going online but the percentage has been steadily dropping off.  

Sounds like propaganda to scare students and parents. Students and teachers  have completed 8 school months of instruction.

After spring break they come back to more than a week of testing, end of the year planning and all kinds of closing activities.  So at best 4 to 5 weeks of disciplined instruction is missed . Don't think they would have anyone repeat a grade unless the student had already be designated and with all this they may give everyone a pass.  It's not a trauma.

Respected Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

until May 26, 2020.  I think I'm going to just go to bed and cover my head until this is all over. 

I really shouldn't complain as I'm retired and this means a lot of people are either going to be working from home for a longer period of time or may not even be able to work until this is over. 

Students definitely won't be back to school until fall.  Rumor has it that some districts are contemplating having students repeat the grade they are presently in, especially if they have had access to virtual lessons and have not been doing that.  It's been tracked that at first students were good about going online but the percentage has been steadily dropping off.  

This pandemic has impacted so many in so many ways that we couldn't even predict.

I don't know of any school district that will require students to repeat a grade. Virginia schools have been out since the end of the first week of March and I know that will not be the case.  One reason is probably because all students are pretty much in the same boat.  The grades that students had at that point will be their final grade for the school year.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DustRose wrote:

I think if you're a small business you won't be able to open

after this.

In Virginia our stay at home has been extended until

June 10.
I have a small business, I was very careful about hiring just in case there was a downturn. This paid off back in the  recession and has certainly paid off now. I also didn't go into debt, so yes I will be back. I have also not received any loans from anyone.