Super Contributor

Re: Our State's Stay at Home Date is Extended

I don't mind staying at home so much as long as I can get out to the grocery store and the drive thru at the bank.  What I wish is that the doctors and dentists could open back up.  I don't need the doctor, but so many others do.  But I was in the middle of getting dentures when all this happened.  All my teeth were pulled and I just have temporary dentures, the bottoms which I can't wear.  I had a mouthful of stitiches I had to live with for a month...finally they decided suture removal was an emergency and I was able to get them out.  But it's been hard to live through this with only temporary uppers and not being able to eat much.  Soft food only, nothing crunchy or tough, like bagels.  Peanut butter and eggs have become staples in my kitchen!  So yes, I'm bored but missing food is my worst complaint.  I'll live through it.  Sure miss my pizza though.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Texas has become the first state to commit to partially reopening from April 20 ---- Texas is opening in phases---and will do a re-check April 27....Wish us luck!  Our state had a good recovery rate .....

Schools are closed for the remainder of the year--all grades even colleges/universities....

One interesting thing about our city and the virus is most cases have been those in their 40's and quite a bit in the 20 year old age group range too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

From twitter...

*cops pulls me over*

Him: Where are you going? To church?

Me: No sir. I’m headed to the store to buy lotto tickets, alcohol, and weed.

Him: Okay perfect. Don’t you dare try to buy any seeds though!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@caroln242  I hope you feel better soon.  I am also one of those people who is supposed to get an elective surgery (joint replacement) which is now indefinitely on hold until who knows when.  The Covid virus has affected the health of the public in so many different ways.  It's ironic that a joint replacement is considered "elective" - it's very necessary!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This doesn't simply affect those who work.

Here in NY, there's no plan for gradual "reopening" of the economy, even in other parts of the state, due to New York City-centric issues.

Even if you're retired, this impacts you. Do you receive Social Security? Do you get a pension, private or public? If you do, you know (or should know) that your pension fund is heavily invested in the market. Our next "Update" publication, which previously reflected superb, robust performance, and stability, for the state's massive pension fund, won't be so pretty.

This has impacted, and will continue to impact, everyone, and differently--and many, in ways they never before considered.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Here in Oregon we were never given any ending date.  I wonder if that is easier to deal with?  No dashed hopes.

oregon here as well, one of our local resturants just announced that they would be re-opening on the 1st, for dining in. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm still on FB and was going thru my timeline and noticed that some ppl, former friends, were referring to this virus as a hoax and over-hyped because they want out. I'm ALL for them going out and tho I wish no one ill, if they get the virus, that's on them. It's hard to believe ppl exist who are so selfish, they deny reality.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I'm still on FB and was going thru my timeline and noticed that some ppl, former friends, were referring to this virus as a hoax and over-hyped because they want out. I'm ALL for them going out and tho I wish no one ill, if they get the virus, that's on them. It's hard to believe ppl exist who are so selfish, they deny reality.

@wishmoon  I see the same thing on the FB page from the town where I grew up. Some of the most vile, stupid and disgusting posts. I don't read it anymore.   The FB page where I live now is moderated by a lady in town. No ****** allowed.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

Actually, @wishmoon, it could be on the rest of us. These people pose a danger to our health.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland