Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our State's Stay at Home Date is Extended

Just when I thought we would likely get an extended date for our stay at home order, I read tonight that the Gov. is thinking of reopening the beach accesses net week. What? We haven't even peaked yet, which the Gov. said would be the end of April or early May. 

Protesters are out wanting everything opened up - for goodness sake, we just got the stay at home order on 4/7. 

You can bet if those beaches are open, it won't be for just a walk on the beach to get some excercise.  Then the tourists will start arriving. I'm not a betting person, but I will say, I think our number of cases will increase.

Trusted Contributor

@DustRose   Doing as well as could be expected.  Every day we quarantine is a day closer to this being over.  Guess we all have to hang in there! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Nova.   There are 2 Shoprites that are close by.   

I've been going to Lidl.   They seem to have more stuff then Shoprite

Trusted Contributor

@riley1  What state are you in?  I heard Florida opened up some beaches already.

Trusted Contributor

@DustRose   Glad you have a dependable grocery!  I miss cooking big dinners for my kids & grandkids. It's definitely something to look forward to again.

Super Contributor

Nova - I cook but don't like it.   I'm thankful my husband isn't picky 

Trusted Contributor

@KatieB if you carefully read my post, I said "I should not complain" and went on to express my concern about people working at  home for a longer period of time and concern for those who have no job until this is over.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

@nova - I'm in SC

Trusted Contributor

@riley1  I've never seen the beautiful beaches in your state.  Wishing you & everyone good health!

Trusted Contributor

To all the wonderful posters here it is a pleasure communicating with everyone.  It makes you feel a little better to reach out & even get to "talk" this way electronically.  We are all probably stronger than we think & together we will persevere!