Respected Contributor

Re: Our State's Stay at Home Date is Extended

[ Edited ]

@wismiss wrote:

until May 26, 2020.  I think I'm going to just go to bed and cover my head until this is all over. 

I really shouldn't complain as I'm retired and this means a lot of people are either going to be working from home for a longer period of time or may not even be able to work until this is over. 

Students definitely won't be back to school until fall.  Rumor has it that some districts are contemplating having students repeat the grade they are presently in, especially if they have had access to virtual lessons and have not been doing that.  It's been tracked that at first students were good about going online but the percentage has been steadily dropping off.  

This pandemic has impacted so many in so many ways that we couldn't even predict.

@wismiss    And why do you need to cover your head???  That's not going to make anything go away....

What if you had to work to support your family but could not do so???   Then, I would think you would have something to cover your head about.  If not that, you've got nothing to cover your head for....

Valued Contributor

@gardenman  a few more hearts for your well thought out posts. 

Thank you.

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman ...Thank you for your very perceptive and reassuring post.

It has been very difficult for me to find any optimism when I see my home State of New York...especially the City...going through the horrific nightmare that they have been experiencing for the past couple of months now.

I moved to another State after I married...only a couple of hours away...and my heart breaks for everyone and I struggle to maintain some semblance of calm and hope and optimism...so your post is very much appreciated...a calming voice amongst the chaos.

Thank you so much! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining   Here in Washington the Governor had set the date for May 4 but says that that may, and probably will, be extended.  I read in the news that if you live in Oregon or Washington, don't expect the orders to be lifted anytime soon.  

Trusted Contributor

@nova  They closed all schools in the State of Washington for the remainder of the school year about a month ago. That includes public and private schools. 

Trusted Contributor

@Stray  Monmouth County here - I heard Dr Judy Persichelli say it's peaked up north where you are & they expect it to peak further south in the next week or 2.  Stay safe & be well.  Yes we are NJ strong! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@nova  They closed all schools in the State of Washington for the remainder of the school year about a month ago. That includes public and private schools. 

@LuvmyLab Our NJ Governor has said even if schools will somehow (which I doubt) return before June the children will have to wear masks & social distance.  Imagine how difficult that will be.

Super Contributor

Nova - I'm in Monmouth County too

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DustRose  Hello neighbor!  Hope you are doing well!  I don't know if you have any Shoprite near you but I have always found the store to be clean and pretty well-stocked for most items - and I have not had to wait on line to get in as it is at Wegmans.

Super Contributor

hello neighbor😊   Doing fine.  Thanks for asking.  How about yourself?