Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Our State's Stay at Home Date is Extended

I am a homebody and enjoy my own company.  I am comfortable being alone for long periods of time. ( as long as I have the internet). I am not bothered by being at home and really hate it when I have to go out for groceries.

I do think it is important for businesses to start opening with restrictions a little at a time.

Places like amusement parks, theaters, sports stadiums where a large number of people gather, need to be closed a while longer. There should also be restrictions on traveling for a while.

We are going to have to take some chances to get back to work. Our country isn't gonna survive long unless we do.  Even SS payments are going to dry up if SS taxes are not being collected from working Americans.

Respected Contributor

If we open businesses before we see a consistent downward trend in our state and individual counties, the virus will expand again. Then we’ll have to go back to being closed again. And hospital ERs and ICUs will become overwhelmed again. More people will die. Again. But to go back to being shuttered will be even more frustrating this time because we’ll know we have to start all over again and that we did this to ourselves.

If we open businesses now folks like me won’t be going to them. I’m older and I have the typical conditions older folks take meds for. I won’t feel safe until we see a steady decline of cases over a period of time. There might be others of my age group who feel the same? 

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure about Maryland.  We live on the WV border.  Not sure how that is going to play out.  Not a major area for the Virus but wondering if the city part of our state will govern the dates.  I guess I will just have to escape to WV.  

Respected Contributor

Yeah it’s hard because we are not used to this but yes, it’s necessary. Meanwhile, you knew it was going to happen...folks bunched together in several states protesting that their rights are being taken away🙄. Bet if they were struggling on a ventilator they may wish they would have stayed home. Then again...   as long as people do this, the risk of infection rate goes up and the quarantine will last even longer. Can’t fix stupid. 

Respected Contributor

Image result for life in prison for women

I don't know anymore.  I feel like one of the cast members in Organge is the New Black.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Thank goodness for the Govs who have some appreciation for science.  I'm thinking minds will clear and we will start to beat this bug sometime around, oh, January.

Frequent Contributor

I think this has been way overblown. The number of deaths are wildly under what the models predicted. I'm ready for freedom!!!! In my state AZ 150 deaths of which 61% of them are white males  between the ages of 65 -107. Our economy is trashed now because we have politicians who all want to hurt the other side. And China who lied and caused the whole thing.  I just want to be free. I'll wash my hands like I always do and take my chances. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@arizele wrote:

I think this has been way overblown. The number of deaths are wildly under what the models predicted. I'm ready for freedom!!!! In my state AZ 150 deaths of which 61% of them are white males  between the ages of 65 -107. Our economy is trashed now because we have politicians who all want to hurt the other side. And China who lied and caused the whole thing.  I just want to be free. I'll wash my hands like I always do and take my chances. 

We're all ready for freedom, but if you have either been infected or lost a loved one because of the virus, I'm sure that your post would be different. 

Honored Contributor

@arizele wrote:

I certainly care about my white 73 year old husband's life.  Seemed like an odd comment ...

Respected Contributor

From what I know it will be states that have the least amount like Rhode Island, New Hampsire, Vermont & see how they do. If they get high amounts after the release then back to quarantine. Makes sense. Also the bigger states if the numbers go down they are still watching until they feel safe to release. I am retired so I make my rulesstay at home people going back to work don't have that control. To me these small states they will watch but we got to control this. In Az. not much traffic, people are taking this serious & we are doing what we need to do like other states. I do feel we got a few more months which I think we should do. Let's give release & see how that works for these small states. it's a try or error who knows. Glad we are not releasing for all states right now. Baby steps.