Trusted Contributor

Our State's Stay at Home Date is Extended

until May 26, 2020.  I think I'm going to just go to bed and cover my head until this is all over. 

I really shouldn't complain as I'm retired and this means a lot of people are either going to be working from home for a longer period of time or may not even be able to work until this is over. 

Students definitely won't be back to school until fall.  Rumor has it that some districts are contemplating having students repeat the grade they are presently in, especially if they have had access to virtual lessons and have not been doing that.  It's been tracked that at first students were good about going online but the percentage has been steadily dropping off.  

This pandemic has impacted so many in so many ways that we couldn't even predict.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our State's Stay at Home Date is Extended

Here in Oregon we were never given any ending date.  I wonder if that is easier to deal with?  No dashed hopes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss   I understand how you feel.  I am in NJ and it's bad here.  Our governor has now closed the schools to at least May 15th and he just gave an interview 2 days ago that he's not prepared to give any sort of timetable of getting back to whatever normal is anytime in the near future.  In one interview he said he hopes June or July.......  We seem to be at least 2 weeks behind NY as far as the numbers go.

Honored Contributor

I live in New York, the governor extended our stay at home date to May 16.

Super Contributor

I think if you're a small business you won't be able to open

after this

Honored Contributor

@nova  "In one interview he said he hopes June or July......."

He said the same thing today in his daily speech.  He was $$$ from the FEDs to do broad testing.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Mine is tll the end of May.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

maryland......we currently have no potential end date.

yes, it is quite tough on our small business, although we are currently open and listed as "essential." even being open it doesnt mean we are keeping that busy. it is day to day. yesterday we were dead, today we were busy......tomorrow, who knows?

there is a list up on CNN.com with every state and where they stand on reopening. it was updated about an hour ago.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@wismiss   I am retired as well... so I know what you are saying.  I was a teacher and can only imagine the pressure teachers are under to instruct from home.  My little granddaughter is in first grade and she has been keeping up with on line assignments.  It hasn't been easy, but all students....even first graders...are given an I pad to use while at home.  I just feel sorry for my daughter because she also has a 3 year old and a two year old to keep entertained.  This has been a tough time for so many people. 
   I have to agree...it would be nice to crawl in bed until this is over.  A friend of mine always says he just wants to be "face down in the basement" until things get better.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac Ugh I didn't hear his entire speech today because I got a phone call during it.  This is tough!  If you are also in NJ I hope all is well with you & your family.  Smiley Happy