Respected Contributor

''Our Pet possum'' Not really

early this morning, 5 AM he was out at our front door eating the Purina Cat chow complete that I put out for the cats. He has to come a mile for this since that is the closest area and was where a railroad use to go, doesn't anymore but the tracks and land are still there and unused. I am sure that is where he and the skunk that come to eat must live.

He was within 3 inches of my front door, all glass storm door. I got down on my hands and knees and put the camera right up to the glass and he looked right at it and I snapped the picture. Now if only I could get the memory card into my tower? For some reason it just doesn't want to go in and I certainly don't want to louse something up. I am not very computer savvy to start with nor with my camera so, if I can get it I will download and try to post the picture, came out pretty good.

Sunday night I am to put the tender trap back out since they only do the spaying/neutering on Mondays so, every Sunday my trap will be put on the porch and sure hope we can get all 4 babies(haven't seen the black one though all week) as well as mommy's 2 brothers.

The possum is a very neat eater like the cats but not the skunk, very very messy, spills the dry food and the water all over so always have to clean up after he leaves. We don't live in a rural area, is all built up and in the city but a development of homes with properties only 70 feet wide so both the skunk and possum have to come a mile from where the old train tracks are( use to go to a home repair store and other stores that are no longer there, all built up with homes now. Skunks and possums are the only so called wild animals there are around here, nothing else other than mice and moles.