Honored Contributor

Re: Our Monsoon Season Has Arrived!!!!

I would like to throw 95+ degrees in the air and the first one to catch gets it.  The humidity was very low yesterday which is a good thing but all I am asking for is 70 to 80 degrees, please.  

Whatever your weather, please stay safe and cool.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Hi @Kachina624  I'm glad to hear that rain is finally in your forecast. I check the weather forecast almost daily for my home town where I used to live in the West and pray that it rains there. My former town hasn't had any measurable rain since last year, and we went without any rain for over a year during the pandemic. The farmers in California really need rain, too.

It seems like when the rain does come lately, it comes fiercely with a monsoon. I'm hoping that there won't be any flooding near you or near my old home town when they get rain in the future. It would be a blessing if there would be several moderate rains over this summer in both areas.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624    Yesterday our weather person said rain on Saturday...but it's already been cancelled.

@Desertdi    Y'all need to shift Arizona to the East.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily    Don't you wish you were here to enjoy it?  I'm guessing not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624    Yesterday our weather person said rain on Saturday...but it's already been cancelled.

@Desertdi    Y'all need to shift Arizona to the East.

@Kachina624    We haven't had an earthquake since 2015...and that  was only a 4 pointer (!!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Send some to California. Lucky

Esteemed Contributor

It amazes me the differences of weather from state to state. When it rains @Kachina624  is it heavy rains? 

I know people around me on east coast anxiously await the first snow fall here. My DH and I mark on calendar when we think it will be and whoever is closest wins 20 bucks.  

Honored Contributor

We all need the rain in the SW. Just look at the latest drought monitor released yesterday. NM is the worst!!

Oklahoma Farm Report - End to Exceptional Drought in Oklahoma is Near, Down  to 1.4 Percent

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I am so happy you are getting rain.  I never appreciated the dangers so much as when British Columbia suffered great forest fires in the last decade.  My brother lives there.  I hope you get a good soaking over the coming period to help lessen the risk during high fire season.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

So glad for you!  After spending 20 years in SoCal praying for rain, I can never get enough of it. We've been in the Southeast for a year now and we still do the happy dance when it rains.  What a blessing!

~ house cat ~