Respected Contributor

@raven-blackbird

His cap says POSTES

Respected Contributor

@Jenny Kubes  It happened this past summer.  If you get it published, can you please post the link so I can print it out for him?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Postes Canada

Lesson for today, always good to have one.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Why is it that someone learns CPR and consequently saves someone is called a hero - but there are people that make decisions or do things that save lives EVERY DAY. Paramedics, doctors - esp ER & ICU docs and nurses. For some reason they are just expected to do this day after day and no one ever labels them heros.Some of the situations that paramedics have to work in are horrific - but they go in there and do an amazing job day after day. I think it is about tiome someone calls these everyday heros out as heros.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Poor VanGogh, it looks like he was suffering already from digitalis toxicity -- the man in the portrait looks yellowish orange.

@JustJazzmom   ha!   As a nurse I "got" this!!  LOL!  **High five**

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Why is it that someone learns CPR and consequently saves someone is called a hero - but there are people that make decisions or do things that save lives EVERY DAY. Paramedics, doctors - esp ER & ICU docs and nurses. For some reason they are just expected to do this day after day and no one ever labels them heros.Some of the situations that paramedics have to work in are horrific - but they go in there and do an amazing job day after day. I think it is about tiome someone calls these everyday heros out as heros.

The difference is probably that those people have chosen to do that as their occupation and are getting paid to do that.  As opposed to it being outside the realm of paid responsibilities.  It is not a mandatory duty when a mail carrier acts heroically, as opposed to saving lives as part of your job.

Respected Contributor

@151949  I have worked within the health system at the University of Pennsylvania for decades and have met, known, and made friends with many dedicated medical professionals over the years.  I have never thought of them as less than heroic and have appreciated all they are doing.

But it is also very nice to know someone who is not part of these professions who was able to safe someone's life.

Have a great Thanksgiving!