Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 september said:

Good thoughts going out to you and Goldie. Sounds like in the future, he may have to take daily meds, or switch to a prescription cat food? Our cat went through this, and is fine now.

Hope all is well in the morning!

The vet is prescribing cat food that helps the kidneys to function more efficiently than normal food. The vet thinks after getting him hydrated and change in diet, he should level out. We chose the overnight stay where Goldie would not have to have a bag type balloon attached and done at home. We will see how he did overnight and if there is any change. Thanks!!

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

Hi, Hoovermom. I hope your pet gets better.

Thank you so much.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 ROMARY said:

We have friends who have an older cat with kidney problems.......doing very well, happy and alert on special food, etc. Good that you brought your kitty to the vet very early. Goldie will be just fine! Thank goodness for modern medicine for pets and animals. And, of course, humans, too.

Thank you so much and yes, modern medicine is wonderful for both of us. Glad your friend's cat is doing great.

Respected Contributor

I will pray that you have good news by tomorrow. I am so sorry for the pain. They bring us such joy and deserve the same in return. I will be looking for good news soon.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Seattlegirl98026 said: Sending good thoughts and warm wishes for Goldie's speedy and complete recovery.

Thank you so much, so glad he is in good hands tonight.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 betteb said:
On 9/17/2014 Hoovermom said:

We just got in after a long afternoon. Goldie is going to spend the night at the vet where he will be hooked up with an IV for hydration purposes which will help to flush his kidneys. They are changing his diet to (forgot the name) help with the start of kidney disease. The vet felt like it was early enough that this change in diet will help relieve the kidney processing for him. Am I making sense???? They also ran blood work, x-ray which showed his spleen was enlarged but the vet seems to think this is due to dehydration problems. Anyway, Goldie will come home tomorrow and will see how he fared overnight. It was hard leaving him but it is best right now. Again, I wish I could respond to each of you but will try to update tomorrow. Again, many, many thanks for all the warm wishes.

Healing prayers from Miss Kitty and I for Goldie.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Lila Belle said:

I hope Goldie continues to improve !

Thank you cannot wait to see him in the morning.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Preds said:

Big hugs (rubs) and prayers for Goldie! I hope you get good news on your baby!

We are hoping his trip tonight is just the start of him getting better. Thanks.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 MaggieToo said:

Sending prayers for Goldie your way...

Thank you for your prayers. Now we know what is wrong and hopfully he is on his way to getting better.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Hooty said:

Hoovermom, sending prayers and (((HUGS))) for your sweet Goldie!

Thanks for the hugs and prayers Hooty for our precious Goldie. Hopefully he is doing well tonight and on his way to feeling better.