Honored Contributor

Many of the "hot shot" teams are composed of Native Americans.  It's a cottage industry of sorts on the reservations and they travel together in their own buses with their equipment pretty much working 24/7 during fire season.  They do a great job 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I've heard of the "hot shot" teams for years when I lived in So. Cal. but had no idea how much Native Americans are involved. Bless them too, they do an awesome job.

Regular Contributor

These kind words mean a lot, to the firefighters and to the proud mom of two firefighters. They are an exceptional group of people. My older son was a Hotshot for many years and still goes out as fire line safety officer. A day didn't go by I didnt worry. My younger son has been deployed on many, many strike teams throughout the West Coast. Of course the worry is still there but they are Captains now and experienced firefighters so I trust their judgement and the decisions they make for themselves and their crews.  (Full disclosure.....maybe an itty-bitty worry...😏).  The weird part?  They LOVE it! Thanks again, keep them all in your prayers.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Our Firemen Are Great!

[ Edited ]

UNSONG HEROS!!!

Chief Furry Fighter Firefighter Cat Figurine

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@dodies  You must be so proud of your sons they are indeed exceptional, brave heroes.  Heroes is the only word to describe them and what they do.  First time I have ever been involved in fire.

What really pi—ed us all off was when some awful person robbed one of the Fire Captains fighting ‘our’ Santa Cruz Fire took his wallet, drained his bank a/c.  Just awful- Sheriff ‘guarantees’ they will catch him.

Big thank you to your sons.

Respected Contributor

Re: Our Firemen Are Great!

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

@dodies  You must be so proud of your sons they are indeed exceptional, brave heroes.  Heroes is the only word to describe them and what they do.  First time I have ever been involved in fire.

What really pi—ed us all off was when some awful person robbed one of the Fire Captains fighting ‘our’ Santa Cruz Fire took his wallet, drained his bank a/c.  Just awful- Sheriff ‘guarantees’ they will catch him.

Big thank you to your sons.

@dulwich And then another lowlife had the audacity to open a fraudulent GoFundMe "on behalf" of that Fire Captain.  We received notification on NextDoor that it was a scam and was not associated with CalFire or any CalFire employee.  

Respected Contributor

@Linmo  So disgusting I do not understand some people glad you found out.

There appears to be lots of these scams going around here all based on the fire we are being told to not donate unless you know the people concerned.

Respected Contributor

Never meet a fireman I didn't like.⭐

Honored Contributor

Yes, they are very special people!

Regular Contributor
Thank you so very much for all your kind words for my two FF’s, and all of them in harms way. But...I may have jinked my older guy; he’s on his way to Santa Cruz as I write this! Ironic, yeah?