Honored Contributor

Re: Our Face image will be our ID when ordering online.

@SydneyH wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Just think in the future our face image will be how we order on line.  Not our finger prints.  

It will be like a selfie while using our phone or computer.

So it makes sense that the Q will be using our face in this forum for our Avatar?   Oh heck nothing makes sense at times.   We might as will sit back and enjoy the ride.  Things are changing.

Change is part of life, no big deal imo.

It is a big deal. Our privacy is slipping away. 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Just think in the future our face image will be how we order on line.  Not our finger prints.  

So it makes sense that the Q will be using our face in this forum for our Avatar?   Oh heck nothing makes sense at times.   We might as will sit back and enjoy the ride.  Things are changing.

One can choose to live off-grid but it's not practical imo.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Your privacy slipped away when you came on line.

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Your privacy slipped away when you came on line.

I know that. I am looking at the big picture. Things were not like this when I was growing up.  As for living off the grid, it is almost imposssible. Those that try, are getting in trouble. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think they will use finger printing, not faces. What if people have surgery, or age? And, I do not cover the hole on my laptop. The video isnt on unless you see it on. And if anyone wants to watch me chew gum and type at my computer let them! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

The post about putting paper over the laptop camera......How many of you do this?  This is the first I've heard about it. You think people hack into your computer to watch you typing?

Weird.  I never gave it a thought.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch me type.  LOL  How boring.  Of course in the mornings I'd sure give them a scare!

Valued Contributor

I do like the fact that when using a phone etc to order using your credit/debit cards you will have to blink one time so others can't steal your photo and use your card to make purhases.  No blink when using your face ID will prevent a purchase.  Great idea. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My fav saying is never say never as it may be happening but if anyone is looking at me when I am keying, I hope they see I need a maid.  Ellen DG may have me on her next show as a home redo.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

One can choose to live off-grid but it's not practical imo.

Practical maybe not, but become necessary at some time, to protect your privacy or rights, perhaps. And I'm not talking living in the mountains with a cabin full of weapons, but more like using cash more, purchasing locally or choosing internet retailers who aren't on board with methods of identification that one is uncomfortable with. There are always alternatives to doing something you don't want to do. Ask the Amish, they do it and do it well.

Esteemed Contributor

@mima:  There was an incident on a college campus that involved, shall we say, unscrupulous "spying" and a related suicide, which led to some suspicion that those on computers with a camera could be viewed even when the "video" light was not on.  I, for a time, covered the lens, but then I realized, if I was being watched, whomever it were (if it were) was probably so turned off that they turned away!  Though the potential is there for someone to scope out your whereabouts and also your home.

Some years ago I taught an exercise class in a Karate studio, and they had the retinal identifier installed at the facility for students.  Back in '07.

Cogito ergo sum