Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our Face image will be our ID when ordering online.

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

When you really think about it nothing online is really safe.  

Our face is being watched everywhere we go when we leave our home.  

I cover the hole on my computer with PostIt paper where the camera has the opening.  Just incase someone wants to watch; with me not knowing about it.

I have the post-its covering almost all the frame.  I've heard how we can be watched and even heard without our knowing about it.  Geez, some folks really have some real boring lives. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Just think in the future our face image will be how we order on line.  Not our finger prints.  

It will be like a selfie while using our phone or computer.

So it makes sense that the Q will be using our face in this forum for our Avatar?   Oh heck nothing makes sense at times.   We might as will sit back and enjoy the ride.  Things are changing.

Why would you think they would use your face? Fingerprints are 1 of a kind. A face? Look for an identical twin or the now ever popular, massive cosmetic surgery. Might be a twin of mine runnin round out there somewhere. I am going to insist they go by only DNA. Can't be to careful nowadays!

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

When you really think about it nothing online is really safe.  

Our face is being watched everywhere we go when we leave our home.  

I cover the hole on my computer with PostIt paper where the camera has the opening.  Just incase someone wants to watch; with me not knowing about it.

What exactly would they be seeing that you're concerned about (other than your face)?

Sometimes I carry my laptop around in my nighty and sit it down to do something.  Who knows what all I am showing. (smile)   

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Just think in the future our face image will be how we order on line.  Not our finger prints.  

So it makes sense that the Q will be using our face in this forum for our Avatar?   Oh heck nothing makes sense at times.   We might as will sit back and enjoy the ride.  Things are changing.

Hi Sparrow!  I will reserve my right to privacy especially for something like the Q.  I'll just buy like I have been on other sites.  Things are changing for certain, but maybe not for the better. 

I am big time into safety issues and privacy issue in life in general.  I am always watching out for others around me.  

Yes, things are changing fast, I agree.   

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

................................................................................................. 

Why would you think they would use your face? Fingerprints are 1 of a kind. A face? Look for an identical twin or the now ever popular, massive cosmetic surgery. Might be a twin of mine runnin round out there somewhere. I am going to insist they go by only DNA. Can't be to careful nowadays!

..............................................................................................

Some people do not have finger prints.  Or some have had them removed over time in life.  So fingerprints do  change.   The face can be changed also.   So that is why they are working within the eye.   Everyones eyes have a different dot or dash or color or colors in different areas.   Even twins have different eyes.  

I think in the future our DNA might be used.  And this DNA can be picked up like a screening device like a xray but not a xray ...will be another new way of getting our DNA.  We might have to lick something.  Just kidding.  Maybe we might have to blow into a tube or something.   

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:
@onewhiteSparrow
I cover the camera on my desktop, too! And on my iPad. No creepy snoops allowed in my private space!

Good thinking.   Smart cookie.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe biometrics are the future for identification purposes, whether it is DNA, fingerprints, retinal scans, voice recognition or facial pattern recognition.

Or, any and all of the above.

ETA: If you haven't seen the movie, Gattaca, you should watch it.  They use many of these biometric methods to authenticate people.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuiGeneris wrote:

I believe biometrics are the future for identification purposes, whether it is DNA, fingerprints, retinal scans, voice recognition or facial pattern recognition.

Or, any and all of the above.

I've held jobs where all of the above was used.  Plus more things.

Honored Contributor

That's when it's time to stop buying things online.  By October mstercard will have the chip.  

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Change is part of life, no big deal imo.