Honored Contributor

Re: Our Face image will be our ID when ordering online.

Maybe this discussion started  because of today's TSV, the Dell computer.  In any event, one of its features is facial recognition to log in to the computer.  Not for websites, but just to log in to your own computer.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

With all the stealing of peoples idenity something has to change.  

When one group of companines start a new type of security areas to protect who shop with them....the rest will follow them.  

Something has to change Big Time to protect everyone.

I can see The Q doing this when we call to order our face can be seen or our face can be seen online.   They are a powerful company and could do such a thing ....and the rest will follow.  

Reason why they would do this is to protect us.  No one else could use our account to order and ship somewhere else, and we pay.  

Protect us? Are you serious?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This is so low down on my list of things to worry about that it almost nonexistent.

We are not worried.  We are talking about the future.  About things to Be.  

What is on the bottom of your list?    

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Maybe this discussion started  because of today's TSV, the Dell computer.  In any event, one of its features is facial recognition to log in to the computer.  Not for websites, but just to log in to your own computer.

I started this topic because the News kept talking about this issue of people watching others on their computer without them knowing it.  And their head security man said to tape the hole.   So that is what I did.  

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

With all the stealing of peoples idenity something has to change.  

When one group of companines start a new type of security areas to protect who shop with them....the rest will follow them.  

Something has to change Big Time to protect everyone.

I can see The Q doing this when we call to order our face can be seen or our face can be seen online.   They are a powerful company and could do such a thing ....and the rest will follow.  

Reason why they would do this is to protect us.  No one else could use our account to order and ship somewhere else, and we pay.  

Protect us? Are you serious?

I am serious.