Respected Contributor

Re: Our Community is receiving the vaccine Monday🙂

Earlier today I wrote about federal subsidized 55+ housing residents receiving vaccine through CVS and Walgreens.  I saw that on the official NJ website about 4 days ago. Now I can't find it. I wonder if it was reversed when the state didn't receive the expected quantity of vaccine. However, I thought the CVS/Walgreens vaccine supply came directly from the federal government through Operation Warpspeed contracts.

My guess is as good as yours.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@homedecor1 ... your community is supposed to follow the sequence recommended by the CDC.  What they are doing is wrong.   There is a limited supply of the vaccine so your community may be depriving health care personnel, etc.  from getting it.  

@Boehm Collector 

I am correcting you our Community was put on the list at the inception.  The management & BOD has been working closely with our local health department.  (Frankly, I was surprised myself this was announced so quickly).

The FL governor apparently approved each County Health Dept, to coordinate.

The healthcare workers, nursing homes and I believe first responders have been given the first doses. They had it reported on news.

Our Community management & BOD would not violate the CDC regulations.  

NO one is depriving any other eligible person from getting it.

Sorry you feel this way maybe you should check with your Governor or Health Department regarding their protocol.

Honored Contributor

Many states are doing their own, different schedules. I believe West Virginia is already way ahead of everyone in rolling out the vaccine to those who need it the most...they had a well-planned system in place, so when the vaccine arrived, they were ready to roll. Some states, however, are sitting on their supply, for whatever reason.
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch 

No a everyday over 55 community.  See my comment to @Boehm Collector our distribution is by County.

Many counties started giving vaccine today.

Honored Contributor

The vaccine is free unless you get it in NYC at PARCARE...where they charge $150. The vaccine is free, they have said, but for the administration of the vaccine, there is a charge. Outrageous!
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

If the rollout is this chaotic, I can't imagine what will happen with the second shot, when people may be clamoring to get the first one and compete for the completion doses.

@noodleann 

At this rate, I’ve heard it will take 10 years. There is currently no nationwide plan or organization and, without that, I suspect things will get worse instead of better. 

I’m having a difficult time imagining people rushing out to get the first dose much less thinking they will be fighting to get the second. This country isn’t very good at follow through so it will be interesting, if not horrifying, to see how it all plays out. 

Honored Contributor

If you delay getting the second shot more than 24 days, it will not complete the immunity it is supposed to give. Also, a dr on tv this morning said you need to continue wearing a mask, social distancing, etc, after you get the vaccine because it will take your body two weeks or so to begin making antibodies. I hope everyone is told this when they get the vaccine.
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
The vaccine is free unless you get it in NYC at PARCARE...where they charge $150. The vaccine is free, they have said, but for the administration of the vaccine, there is a charge. Outrageous!

This is what the hospital system that my PCP is part of does. The actual shot is free, but they charge a facility usage fee or an administration fee or both. Of course, neither are covered by my insurance, and then they get cranky with me when I get my shots at Walgreens, where it's covered 100%.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Don’t be willing to wait an entire year to get your vaccine! Your health and your lives are worth as much as anyone’s.
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I stated in post I would check with his pulmonologist -- spouse and I were unsure if we (he) should get it when he was better!

As most things and information through this whole mess ...no one knows ...

Too many read into things ...I think "common sense" comes first🙂