Respected Contributor

Otto Warmbier doctors to be on at 3 p m EDT

i just read that the doctors will update Otto's condition .  i got the impression that they will take questions, but not sure.  for all those following this story, a heads up.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Otto Warmbier doctors to be on at 3 p m EDT

Otto is in good hands now and I hope and pray he will recover.  So sad.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to hear what these doctors are saying and implying.  I will pray for Mr. Warmbier and his family.

Esteemed Contributor

North Korea needs to get poofed........

Trusted Contributor

Can someone fill me in? I was on the phone on and off during the press conference.   Did the doctors find out why Otto has the extensive loss of brain tissue and why is he experiencing 'unresponsive wakefulness"? Thanks

Respected Contributor

oh dear.  his brain has died in many areas -"severe loss of tissue" - due to some event, possiblycardiac or respiratory arrest when blood stops flowing to the brain.  no evidence of botulism, fractures.he is in a state of unresponsive wakefulness.  no purposeful interaction. the family wants no discussion of what the future holds for him.  sounds bad as to hope for a real recovery.   looks like a very big tragedy.

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

oh dear.  his brain has died in many areas -"severe loss of tissue" - due to some event, possiblycardiac or respiratory arrest when blood stops flowing to the brain.  no evidence of botulism, fractures.he is in a state of unresponsive wakefulness.  no purposeful interaction. the family wants no discussion of what the future holds for him.  sounds bad as to hope for a real recovery.   looks like a very big tragedy.

Sounds as if he is brain dead, and they are just keeping his body "alive" by machines.

Maybe some good will come from it, and that the family will donate his organs, so that another may live.

Sounds as if his soul has already left and is in Heaven.

Realistically, he is already gone.

Prayers for the family as they deal with this most difficult time.

Honored Contributor

Otto will soon be transferred to a skilled nursing facility I'm sure.  How awful for his family, but at least he is home.  

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

The news or what may have happened to him, and his conditon now is very disturbing and sad.

Esteemed Contributor

His condition is not good.  My prayers to him and his family and to the doctors who will be treating him. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!