Honored Contributor

Re: Otto Warmbier Has Passed

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have no idea who this is.  I really wish people who report deaths or illnesses would give a little information about them. 

Every person should know,if they read,or watch tv.

@Goldie  @tansy @goldensrbest  Now I know who you're talking about.  I wasn't familiar with the name.  Thanks for reminding me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

What a tragedy. I don't know what he was doing in North Korea but let's hope it will make others think twice before venturing into that h**l-hole. 

@VivianI heard yesterday that he was in China with a group of college friends I believe on a tour of some kind and they had the chance to go to NK and some of them went!  I think the rest of those that went to NK were allowed to return home and he was not!

What a waste of a beautiful life!! 

Honored Contributor

And dennis rodman is over there,playing up to this horrible leader.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

So sad, people should be grateful they live in this country of free speec and civil rights!
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

As a parent, I too am saddened and give my condolences to Otto's family.  The death of a child is the most difficult of all to endure.  Our United States State Department warns our citizens against travel to certain countries.  There are good reasons for these warnings as the brutality of this episode demonstrates.  If you travel the world, please heed such advice. DO NOT travel to the contraindicated countries.

Respected Contributor

I have followed this story since day 1.  No question that poor child was used as some sort of sick experiment, and it was the unconscionable intent of that animal to ensure his demise would be witnessed by his parents & all of us caring Americans.  I hope the chickens come to roost on this one.  Outrage is an understatement.  

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I have followed this story since day 1.  No question that poor child was used as some sort of sick experiment, and it was the unconscionable intent of that animal to ensure his demise would be witnessed by his parents & all of us caring Americans.  I hope the chickens come to roost on this one.  Outrage is an understatement.  

@BornToShop  "outrage".....and heartbreak.

Honored Contributor

May he rest in peace after his unspeakable ordeal, and may his parents have some kind of peace now after the horrors they have endured...

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop

as have I, and I completely agree. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

May he rest in peace after his unspeakable ordeal, and may his parents have some kind of peace now after the horrors they have endured...

Ya' know @Oznell, you got me thinking;  if God forbid I or anyone else would have to endure such a horror & if it were my son, I don't know if I could EVER close my eyes again.  The argument could be, is it better to know or not know.  It is truly beyond my comprehension.  Either way, I am so grateful he is in a better place.