Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Is it possible that they were able to donate some of his organs, thereby leaving nothing "substantial" behind to autopsy?

I did not realize that he was an organ donor. I didn't think they could use organs from a person who was afflicted with the botulinum toxin.

Botulism couldn't be substantiated and I doubt they would even consider using his organs given the fact that they don't even truly know how he died. Also, many of his organs probably have been compromised to some degree due to the comatose state for months if not a year or more. 

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Under the circumstances I don't know if I would allow an autopsy but I would not hesitate to allow full body diagnostic imaging.

You bring up a good point.   There are different levels of autopsy.

Respected Contributor

Jewish law would be involved.

Respected Contributor

Re: Otto Warmbier Autopsy

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I can completely respect their decision on this.  What difference does it really make?  He is gone and cannot be brought back.  They know it was a painful death.  Knowing all the details might be more than they can handle.  

I understand your point and respect it but that saidWoman Happy JMO, When his family involved the US State Dept they chose to allow the US to handle this matter and the public to foot the bill for their son's irresponsibility and disregard in entering a known hostile state. So for them to throw shade at the previous admins attempts to get their son and now say they don't want an autopsy if I was the State Dept I would say too bad. We have strained relations with a already hostile State and we need to make any attempt to see what happened. They can't have it both ways. If Otto came back and was still alive but sick his family would expect answers. His death is not the end of this. What kind of precedent would we be setting for US citizens who are still being held in other places?

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I was truly surprised at this. I would have thought they'd want to know so they can bring light to whatever it is the N. Koreans did to him.

As it stands right now, there truly is no proof that they did anything to him. For all we really know, he could have suffered something pulmonary or cardiac related naturally. Without solid proof, everything else is PURELY speculation.

Trust me, I know NK violates human rights and does horrible things to their prisoners -just listen to stories of those that have been prisoners and released in the past. Trust me,  I think they did something to him. I think they employed a type of interrogation that caused him to suffer a pulmonary or cardiac event that he could never recover from because they took it too far. But without definitive evidence that could rule out natural causes (he coud have had underlying issues that no one knew about but was exacerbated by stress), I can only speculate. And, imo, speculation isn't enough to convict someone or a nation of something.

Maybe the parents are not interested in revenge or want justice, or for someone to be held accountable.

Maybe they just are grateful to have their son home, and just want to bury him, and to try to make it from one day to the next.

Do you really think that Kim Jong Un (misspelled) is going to be arrested, handcuffed and brought to trial for what happened to Otto?

Never going to happen.

Do you think that knowing exactly what happened to Otto will cause the U.S. to go in to N.K. with guns a-blazin?

Again, not going to happen.

Respected Contributor

The State Dept. cannot demand the Warmbiers to have an autopsy.  They shouldn't either...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 I never mentioned war or "guns a blazin". In fact, I edited my account to include how the information may bring light to the atrocities to the world and also maybe save lives for others that are being held there or those that are thinking of visiting. Let's not get extreme here.

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

The State Dept. cannot demand the Warmbiers to have an autopsy.  They shouldn't either...

No because they are not the Justice Dept who can.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They know what killed their son, No Korea killed their son.  The details  of what happened won't be in any autopsy and nothing will change.  He'll still be dead.  They just want to bury their child and mourn.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 I never mentioned war or "guns a blazin". In fact, I edited my account to include how the information may bring light to the atrocities to the world and also maybe save lives for others that are being held there or those that are thinking of visiting. Let's not get extreme here.

And exactly how would knowing exactly what happened to Otto, stop or prevent it from happening again?

Kimmy doesn't give a **** what we think, and is thumbing his nose at us.

So how do you propose that he be stopped from doing this again?

Maybe his BFF Rodman can talk to him and get the remaining hostages out.

Knowing is not everything, and death is the end of this whole tragedy.