Esteemed Contributor

Re: Other than where you live right now, is there another place you'd live if given the opportunity?

Hawaii.

Honored Contributor

Re: Other than where you live right now, is there another place you'd live if given the opportunity?

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I am a PA girl, and I love our state! Most of our family also lives in PA.

I like living here--rarely any droughts, forest fires, tornados, hurricanes, lake effect snow, etc.  Philly is very diverse, and we have a great variety of things to do and places to go--very near to the beaches, NYC and Washington, D.C., Delaware, Baltimore, etc.

We have great arts, shopping, medical facilities, education institutions, sports teams, and so forth. We also have wonderful history and architecture.

I have traveled to many places in the world, and lived outside the country twice, and just like Dorothy, I always say--There is no place like home!!!

I feel the same way....we are close to a lot of nice places but Bucks Co., PA is beautiful with lots of history and my home for the last 30 years.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Minneapolis, Minnesota; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Evanston, Illinois; or Sacramento, California. Those would be my choices.... I would never want to live outside of the United States. But my preference is to stay in Nashville, Tennessee.... the greatest city on the planet. 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me too home is where my children and grandchildren are-but I always always wish why can't we be in the same state?! Is that too much to ask? I don't think soSmiley Happy

I have always wanted to see Ireland and once thought if I visited I would never want to come home.

I also love Vermont and the New England area.

New Zeland sounds pretty neat also.

It is fun to dream.

I have a nephew that we often talk about having our family compound overlooking the ocean of course! We would each have our own separate house and a place in the middle where we would all come together for birthdays and celebrations. And for me we'd have lots of animals-dogs, cats, horses, bunnies, throw in a lama and goat😄 or 2, chickens, and we would all help take care of them. 

Once we rented a house overlooking the bay, and the grandfather who had these houses built originally built them for his children and grandchildren so they could all live together. So I guess there is where I got that dream.

But my nephew has imagined it ever since we all spent a week -several families-cousins at a house on the bay years ago. I love that he values family so much.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

Door County, Wisconsin, but it would have to be a house on the bay.  Guess I'd better start playing the lottery.

@wismiss , my dh and I spent 3 days in the Two Rivers & Door County area in August.  Lovely.  When we were in Door County, we went to an indoor Farmers Market & I thought I recognized a teacher that both of our children had at Abraham Lincoln.  We were wearing a mask and my dh said "are you from Monroe?". She said yes, Mr. L***"!   She & her husband own a cabin in Fish Creek.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

We have been to all 50 states and have enjoyed most of them.  We love the New England States and have been at least 20 times as our ds and dil lived in the Boston area for 25 years.  15 months ago, they moved to Clearwater, FL & love it.  

Glenda

Respected Contributor

I would love a villa in Tuscany.

Honored Contributor

Nope, I'm good!

Honored Contributor

Somewhere in Italy.  Possiby Umbria.  I may well end up there one day.

And if I won the lottery, it would be immediately, not "one day".

I wouldn't mind traveling to other places, if money was no object.

Esteemed Contributor

That would be a BIG Nope!

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)