Honored Contributor

Re: Other than where you live right now, is there another place you'd live if given the opportunity?

Sure....there are PLENTY of places I'd like to live....if I could AFFORD them...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Re: Other than where you live right now, is there another place you'd live if given the opportunity?

I live in Northeast Ohio...somewhere without lake effect snow.  

Honored Contributor

We are happy where we are now but if we could have a second home it would probably be in Florida.

I would love to visit places overseas but I don't desire to live there.

Honored Contributor

NO.  

Honored Contributor

Iceland or Alaska.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The White Mountains in NH, near the Mt Washington hotel or Edinburgh, Scotland. Have been to both places and enjoy the areas so much.

Respected Contributor

I am a PA girl, and I love our state! Most of our family also lives in PA.

I like living here--rarely any droughts, forest fires, tornados, hurricanes, lake effect snow, etc.  Philly is very diverse, and we have a great variety of things to do and places to go--very near to the beaches, NYC and Washington, D.C., Delaware, Baltimore, etc.

We have great arts, shopping, medical facilities, education institutions, sports teams, and so forth. We also have wonderful history and architecture.

I have traveled to many places in the world, and lived outside the country twice, and just like Dorothy, I always say--There is no place like home!!!

Regular Contributor

Love where you live!!

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It's an exercise in futility for me.  I/we think about a couple of locations now and then, but we know full well we'll never move away from our kids and grandkids.  They're all within an hour or so from us.  If an emergency happens, either way, someone is close enough to get to us or us to them. 

@JeanLouiseFinch    I am in the same boat.  Now that I am retired, I have no desire to be away from my daughter or grandkids. They are 10 miles away and still very young.  I don't want to miss these years with them.  Plus...as you said, if there is an emergency either way, it gives me peace of mind to know they are nearby.  

Honored Contributor

I'd like a house that fit my antiques on a mountain top here.  I already live in an area known as "The Land Of The Sky".  I also have wonderful neighbors.

The problem is, the roads go straight up and are extremely dangerous, so I would need a helicopter!