Honored Contributor

by the way, i do believe that the other forum is open still.......the one where some flew the coop to and some that post here may even post there currently. you may be able to find old friends there......and make new ones also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

No way.....don't even think that way.  

This is the only place I post.  Have enough here to keep me busy with posting.  If it were to happen, I would miss so many lovely posters on here.....and yet there are a few I would not miss at all.  Believe they know who they are.  Just ignore them and move on.

Have learned a lot on here.  So many knowledgeable people here.  Many with tender hearts and are so caring.  

Don't do face book.  Never will.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sfnative  All you said is true, and lots of our posters have passed on too.  I can think of so many.  I was here longer than it says too, way back in the last century!  LOL!!!! I'm not sure how far back I go but I know it was in the 1990's.

I was three then.  Woman Wink

And Happy New Year right back at you and at all of us!  A resolution for me would be to be nicer here!  

@Sooner

Oh, yes, gosh I failed to mention those who have passed on.  Because I've visited here less in the last 2-3 years, I've missed those more recent notices on who has passed.  May they all rest in peace.

You know, if we all tried to monitor what comes out of our mouths and what we type and forward, our concerted efforts would indeed make for a better world.

(BTW, you are too funny.)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Other forums you visit?

[ Edited ]
  • This is a great topic @Sooner.  I'm a new poster but have been reading these posts and getting to know a lot about you all for quite a few years.  I'm not on any other forums, or FB. Never will do FB.  Can anyone say the names of any other forums they're on?  Is that allowed? I would love that information, if this ever should fold.  I hope not!
Honored Contributor

@sfnative......about snarky remarks.....  Yes, there are some that do that.  I have gotten many of them, but now I just ignore them.  They're not hurting me....only makes them look small.  

There are some that just love to be board patrol.  Love to report what they feel is inappropriate.  I could name a few of them right now, but won't.  

I too have been here for more years than they show I have.  Don't know why they messed that up, but they did.

I for one would really miss this forum.

Respected Contributor

This is definitely the forum that I frequent the least. The other forums that I participate in are interest based - college hockey and frequent air travel. I also use Facebook and Twitter. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

MakeupAlley, game-specific forums, and a lot of Facebook groups.

Respected Contributor

This is the only one I go to.  I might would get on more but don’t know how to find them.  I would miss this one. 

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@sfnative......about snarky remarks.....  Yes, there are some that do that.  I have gotten many of them, but now I just ignore them.  They're not hurting me....only makes them look small.  

There are some that just love to be board patrol.  Love to report what they feel is inappropriate.  I could name a few of them right now, but won't.  

I too have been here for more years than they show I have.  Don't know why they messed that up, but they did.

I for one would really miss this forum.

@ShowMe.  Don’t know for sure and I could be totally wrong but I don’t think any start dates here show before 2010 no matter how long you have been here. Don’t know why.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Other forums you visit?

[ Edited ]

Back in the early 2000's Comcast had a self-help forum.   I was looking for some help with problems on my desktop and   there was this small group of expert IT techs, and other dedicated users who would help you at the drop of a hat ... really great people from all over the country and all walks of life.

Comcast was my IP ...  it had a small (and I do mean small) chat room where the group would gather and I wandered into one night ... and never left.   I learned pretty much everything I know about how computers worked ... I was really a "noob" back then.   Best group I have ever been associated with ... 

Well once Comcast became this huge juggernaut, it closed the private chat forums.  The group opened its own private forum but it was never the same .. and soon disbanded.  I still miss it and it's been over ten years since it closed.   

Then I found HSN ... what  spirited forums!   Woke up one morning and Mindy had them closed overnight!   

Entered QVC in 2009 (maybe late 2008) ... before this current configeration ... lovely group of posters here ... helpful, funny, ascerbic ... you name it ... great bunch.