Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oscars/Food = Vegan/PB..ish💚🌿

Oscar Dinner Part III

Passed Small Plates –Served Cold

Baby Beets with Goat Cheese Yogurt, Savory Granola, Citrus and Bitter Greens (Vegetarian)Chopped Salad with Popped Sorghum, Shaved Carrots, Feta, Croutons, Dijon-Champagne Vinaigrette (Vegetarian, GF, NF) Hearts of Palm, Watercress, Grapefruit, Jalapeno-Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette (Vegan, GF)

Esteemed Contributor

The best part- DESSERT III

Dessert Action Stations Made to order...Lava Cakes (melting Sphere with flavor anglaise) –Turbo Chef Gelato and Sorbet with Waffle Cones Gelato (Vanilla, Chocolate, Coffee, Salted CaramelPopcorn, Dulce de leche) Sorbet (Mango, Raspberry/Acai)Vanilla waffle, Red Velvet Takoyaki Cake Balls Raspberry Lychee

Esteemed Contributor

Lastly more DESSERTS -Yay!!

Individual and Plated Sweets

Chocolate Buffet Caramel Cappuccino Oscar Lollipops (GF, NF) Chocolate Chips Cookies (NF) Assorted Mini CookiesCoconut Macaroons (NF) Chewy Cranberry Meringues (Pink Color) (GF, NF)Macaron (Truffle, Strawberry, Pistachio, Chocolate, Coffee) (GF)Lemon Sable Dry Passionfruit Marshmallow Rocher Bubble Banana/Strawberry Cheesecake Lollipop Freeze-dried Strawberry (NF) Dark Chocolate Brownie (NF)Mocha Tiramisu in Verrines (GF)(NF)

Large Barks for Breaking Station (white, milk and dark –some movie candies)

Artisanal Chocolate Bonbons, Movie Theater Flavors Sour patch kids York Peppermint Red Hots Goobers Butterscotch

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal 

Thank you for posting everything!

I can't imagine coming up with all those creative dishes.

A 'lil somethin' for everyone, eh?🌼

Honored Contributor

I wonder what was in the swag bags this year?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caligurl!   It makes me happy when I see any progress towards this lifestyle.  It would be an oxymoron to say that you are concerned about ecological/environmental issues and not be a vegan.  I share your sentiments about expressing myself on this board regarding this beautiful nonviolent way of life.  

@Caligurll wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Caligurll 

Beautifully put!

💚🌿

@sidsmom  Thanks!  I try to keep a low profile about this topic on theses forums because it usually doesn't end well!

Honored Contributor

I don't get ot.  Why all plant based and nothing for the majority who eat normally??!!  There should be something for everyone!!  I bet most were hungrily and anxiously awaiting Wolfgang's food after!!

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I don't get ot.  Why all plant based and nothing for the majority who eat normally??!!  There should be something for everyone!!  I bet most were hungrily and anxiously awaiting Wolfgang's food after!!

'..normally'. Uh, no. Funny, tho.
First, there was 'something for everyone.'

The menus are upthread & very detailed.

Secondly, all humans eat vegetables....that part is 'normal.'

Honored Contributor

I'd arrive with a couple of McD's cheeseburger in my bag.  That would be my dinner but I would eat the dessert, that looks good.  Everything is political with that Hollywood crowd even a celebratory luncheon.  I respect people who choose to eat vegan or plant based now let them respect those of us who choose not to eat like that.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'd arrive with a couple of McD's cheeseburger in my bag.  That would be my dinner but I would eat the dessert, that looks good.  Everything is political with that Hollywood crowd even a celebratory luncheon.  I respect people who choose to eat vegan or plant based now let them respect those of us who choose not to eat like that.  

It's not 'political'. Never has been. 

It was primarily for environmental & ethical reasons.

Being kind is the goal, in this case.

As Joaquin Phoenix said in his acceptance speech last night

(speaking of his brother, River):

When he was 17, my brother wrote this lyric. It said,
"Run to the rescue with love, and peace will follow"

🌼