Trusted Contributor

Re: Oscars/Food = Vegan/PB..ish💚🌿

@sidsmom wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@sidsmom  You just had to go there, didin't you and post the menu?  Giggles.  OMG.  It's making me super hungry.  Talk about delicious.  I'm going to use it for inspiration.  Yummy.

@Misplaced Parisian 

What's your favorite?

I'll get it made & be there in 30 minutes. Hee

@sidsmom  Let's live a little and have it all (we can pack the leftovers for our work lunches this week).  Come on over, we'll cook, raid my liquor cabinet and have a marvelous time!  Although it's super duper cold where I am.  Smiles.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@SuhseK wrote:

I am not Vegan, and quite honestly, I'm sure, I never will be. 

I certainly respect other choices, although, I appreciate friends, who don't preach😊

A question, for those who are Vegan. What do you suggest, be done with the millions of animals, raised as food? 

What do you think is the best plan, to grow, enough plant based food, to feed the planet? 

Are you hoping, for a complete transfer to Veganism? Over what kind of time span?

I should have said questions, eh?

@SuhseK  I can only readily answer one of your questions.  We already grow enough plant based food to feed everyone; it's being grown and fed for animal feed.  And lets not forget all the land that is used by the cattle industry that could be used to grow plants. 

Same goes for water, the amount of water to produce a little meat is staggering in comparison to water used for growing plants.

No one is suggesting that meat consumption is going to end tomorrow.  It would have to be phased out and forced reproduction stopped.

@Caligurll 

Again, beautifully put.

💚🌿💚🌿

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom  You just had to go there, didin't you and post the menu?  Giggles.  OMG.  It's making me super hungry.  Talk about delicious.  I'm going to use it for inspiration.  Yummy.

@Misplaced Parisian 

What's your favorite?

I'll get it made & be there in 30 minutes. Hee

@sidsmom  Let's live a little and have it all (we can pack the leftovers for our work lunches this week).  Come on over, we'll cook, raid my liquor cabinet and have a marvelous time!  Although it's super duper cold where I am.  Smiles.

@Misplaced Parisian 

Veggie Meal Prep!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

I am not Vegan, and quite honestly, I'm sure, I never will be. 

I certainly respect other choices, although, I appreciate friends, who don't preach😊

A question, for those who are Vegan. What do you suggest, be done with the millions of animals, raised as food? 

What do you think is the best plan, to grow, enough plant based food, to feed the planet? 

Are you hoping, for a complete transfer to Veganism? Over what kind of time span?

I should have said questions, eh?

I'm not vegan either or veggie, but I'd assume that the answer for what happens to animals raised for food is obvious. They are eaten. Food supply will respond to demand. And I wouldn't assume that vegans have any kind of master plan to convert the world. It's hard enough for them to convert their friends. Live and let live.

I love having more and better tasting veggie and vegan options. I'm making a point to try all the different "Beyond" meat offerings. The Red Robin burger I had with it was great. Of course mine was the smoke and pepper version with bacon. But baby steps...I'm going to try the KFC beyond chicken next to see if it's any good.

The Wolfgang Puck menu sounds delicious.

ETA: The Wolfgang Puck canned tomato soup is by far the best canned tomato soup you can get at the grocery store.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

1. Wolfgang Puck is nuts. There's a happy medium between "eating fish and meat," and vegan. Uh...that'd be me.

2. The only thing I'd eat from that menu would be the desserts.

3. ETHICAL? 🤔Gee, I hope that "vegan cheese" wasn't made with...CASHEWS. animated-shocked-smiley-image-0065.gif

@Moonlady  He can whip you up something.

Chef Wolfgang Puck became the mastermind behind Oscar menus in 1993, bringing modern twists to classic French cuisine.

Though Puck has been trying out vegan versions of classics over the past decade, the Austrian American restaurateur is best known for his meats.

Puck is heavily influenced by French cuisine, with rich animal products like meat, seafood, butter, and cheese.

One of his famous dishes, served at his Spago restaurant empire, is a pizza topped with smoked salmon and caviar. Other signature recipes include beef with wine sauce, chicken pot pie, and bacon-wrapped meatloaf. 

Honored Contributor

It's in keeping with Hollywood's political agenda.  For all the concerned folk who flew in on private jets and worry about my carbon footprint. . . 

Trusted Contributor

OK kids, guilty admission:

I am a RD and I would Love, the bacon wrapped meatloaf😈Yes, it's true! 

QVC Customer Care

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Oscar Menu part one

Oscars®Governors Ball Menu

Menu Created by Wolfgang Puck and the Wolfgang Puck Catering Team, including VP Culinary Eric Klein and pastry team Kamel Guechida, Monica Ng and Jason Lemonnier

GF-Gluten FreeNF -Nut FreeDF-Dairy Free

Passed Hors d’Oeuvres

Spicy Tuna Tartare, Sesame Miso Cone (NF)Mini Burgers, Aged Cheddar, Remoulade (NF)Smoked Salmon Oscar Matzo (NF)Assorted Pizza (some Vegetarian, Some Vegan, NF)Korean Steak Tartare on Puffed Rice (NF)Lobster Corn Dog(NF)Sweet Pea Falafel with Hummus and Za’atar (NF, Vegetarian)Spiced Gougeres with Black Truffle DustTaro Root Taco with Shrimp, Mango, Avocado and, Chipotle Aioli (NF, GF)

Savory Bites

Homemade Pretzels, Pimento Cheese (Vegetarian, NF) x25 Year Aged Gouda (Vegetarian,GF,NF)Parmesan Reggiano (Vegetarian, GF, NF)Gold Dusted Truffled PopcornRoasted Nuts with Rosemary, Cayenne, Sea Salt and Brown Sugar (GF)Fleur de Sel Breadsticks (NF,DF) Spago Style Lavosh (NF,DF)

Poke, Sushi & Shellfish StationMade to order on custom ice bar

Esteemed Contributor

Oscar Dinner Part II

Passed Small Plates –

Served Hot Baked Potato with Caviar (GF,NF) Chicken Pot Pie, Black Truffles (NF) Sunchoke Soup with Black Truffle (Vegetarian) Baked Macaroni and Cheese (NF) Gnocchetti with Braised Mushrooms and Cashew Cream (Vegan, GF) Moroccan Spiced Wagyu Short Rib Semolina Puree, Crispy Brussels Sprouts, Parmesan Funnel Cake and Citrus Charmoula Parsnip Agnolotti, Black Winter Truffles (Vegetarian, NF) Dover Sole, Girasole Puree, Spaghetti Squash and Herb Vinaigrette