Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oscars/Food = Vegan/PB..ish💚🌿

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

I am not Vegan, and quite honestly, I'm sure, I never will be. 

I certainly respect other choices, although, I appreciate friends, who don't preach😊

A question, for those who are Vegan. What do you suggest, be done with the millions of animals, raised as food? 

What do you think is the best plan, to grow, enough plant based food, to feed the planet? 

Are you hoping, for a complete transfer to Veganism? Over what kind of time span?

I should have said questions, eh?

@SuhseK  I can only readily answer one of your questions.  We already grow enough plant based food to feed everyone; it's being grown and fed for animal feed.  And lets not forget all the land that is used by the cattle industry that could be used to grow plants. 

Same goes for water, the amount of water to produce a little meat is staggering in comparison to water used for growing plants.

No one is suggesting that meat consumption is going to end tomorrow.  It would have to be phased out and forced reproduction stopped.

Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft cats no

Honored Contributor

Wish I could get all of Wolfgang’s recipes. 

Honored Contributor

Say whatever you want about the Oscar 'food', tomorrow we'll see all the pics of the stars at diifferent 5 star restaurants and catered parties, eating a real meal after the Oscars, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Caligurll 

Beautifully put!

💚🌿

@sidsmom  Thanks!  I try to keep a low profile about this topic on theses forums because it usually doesn't end well!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

1. Wolfgang Puck is nuts. There's a happy medium between "eating fish and meat," and vegan. Uh...that'd be me.

2. The only thing I'd eat from that menu would be the desserts.

3. ETHICAL? 🤔Gee, I hope that "vegan cheese" wasn't made with...CASHEWS. animated-shocked-smiley-image-0065.gif

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Would much prefer to see the Menu sans the Sermon.

I’m still allowed to make my own dietary choices.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom  You just had to go there, didin't you and post the menu?  Giggles.  OMG.  It's making me super hungry.  Talk about delicious.  I'm going to use it for inspiration.  Yummy.

Valued Contributor

Looks tempting! 

I would try everything, (except the booze)

Liquor does not agree with me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@sidsmom  You just had to go there, didin't you and post the menu?  Giggles.  OMG.  It's making me super hungry.  Talk about delicious.  I'm going to use it for inspiration.  Yummy.

@Misplaced Parisian 

What's your favorite?

I'll get it made & be there in 30 minutes. Hee