Honored Contributor

Oscars/Food = Vegan/PB..ish💚🌿

[ Edited ]

So happy to see the trend, this year, that many of the award

shows are Plant-Based-Focused! Amazing Joaquin is using

his voice for this important cause. He DEFINITELY walks-the-talk.

Amazing how quickly Plant Based/Veganism has come on

the scene...and it's something not going away.  

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

We work with everything because a lot of people like vegan but still, the big majority eats meat and fish," said celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck who will be feeding Hollywood's elite after the Academy Awards on February 9.

The 70-year-old has catered the extravagant post-Oscars party - the Governors Ball - for 26 years, preparing thousands of dishes for the 1,500 guests, including the night's winners, who attend the bash. He said the menu will be 70 percent plant-based this year...

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

4A7EF87A-02F9-4BA5-97B2-1A3508731099.jpeg

77DA2CD7-9110-458C-B59F-6EA77870E209.jpeg

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oscars/Food = Vegan/PB..ish💚🌿

The only thing on that menu that I possibly eat might be a piece of cheese. Way too many carbs and alcohol? How is that healthy? @sidsmom no need to respond....you and I are just on opposite sides of the food debates. Cheers!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

An Award dinner is not about healthy choices.

There would be unhealthy, decadent choices even if it was meat-based. 

That's not the focus.

This is more of a focus on the ethical & environmental aspects 

of veganism/plant based meals.

Esteemed Contributor

What one eats is always related to health. At a minimum, would think that that would be a point of agreement. LOL @sidsmom 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

What one eats is always related to health. At a minimum, would think that that would be a point of agreement. LOL @sidsmom 

Then a plant-based/vegan menu would better fit that need!

It's all good. 
💚🌿

Honored Contributor

YUK. I'd eat the desserts but that's it. I'm thinking a ton of those celebs will go out for steak dinners or hamburgers after the awards.
Honored Contributor

Although I'm not a vegan, I would thoroughly enjoy that meal, including the wine selections. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

It must feel great to eat 100% healthy 100% of them time.  OR, as something I've become too familiar with, vegans/plant based followers are held to a different standard by people who feel their right to eat animals is being questioned or threatened.  I'm always going to be happy when I see a vegan or WFPB diet being promoted. 

I'm a vegan who is mostly plant based, meaning I'm in it to reduce animal suffering, but follow a mostly plant basd diet because for me it works.

IMG_8649.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

But chef Wolfgang Puck told  US Magazine that many dishes aren't much different from previous dinners, including roasted vegetables like beets, mushrooms, and eggplant. 

"We always had a lot of vegan dishes, we just never talked about it," he said. 

But sustainably-farmed "smoked salmon Oscars" and a decadent truffle chicken pot pie will stick around.

The non-veggie options will be made with with "sustainably farmed" fish and meat, according to  Variety.

Those include classics like trophy-shaped salmon with caviar, as well as a black truffle chicken pot pie. 

https://i.insider.com/5e3c88f2df2f6620984b8066?width=800&format=jpeg&auto=webp

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

So happy to see the trend, this year, that many of the award

shows are Plant-Based-Focused! Amazing Joaquin is using

his voice for this important cause. He DEFINITELY walks-the-talk.

Amazing how quickly Plant Based/Veganism has come on

the scene...and it's something not going away.  

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

We work with everything because a lot of people like vegan but still, the big majority eats meat and fish," said celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck who will be feeding Hollywood's elite after the Academy Awards on February 9.

The 70-year-old has catered the extravagant post-Oscars party - the Governors Ball - for 26 years, preparing thousands of dishes for the 1,500 guests, including the night's winners, who attend the bash. He said the menu will be 70 percent plant-based this year...

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

4A7EF87A-02F9-4BA5-97B2-1A3508731099.jpeg

77DA2CD7-9110-458C-B59F-6EA77870E209.jpeg

Looks delicious to me. Hummus, salad with Citus Shallot Vinaigrette, Roasted Maitake Mushrooms, Winter Squash, Red Curry, Traditional Coconut Macaroons, Kumquat Pavlova. This is an inspired menu. I’d probably love everything.