Honored Contributor

Re: Oscar's 2022, Was this for real?

@jellyBEAN @Smith also had a big grin on his face when he first got up to the stage. It was visible from a side angle in the photos I saw. I thought this was going to be some kind of stunt. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Spurt 

There is nothing worse than: "We break into this programming to take you to"! Who the he!! cares? It will still be there after my show/game is over. I can't do anything about the "whatever", so tell me on the news.

Unless someone is blowing up houses where we live, or trying to break in? I do not need to know! And if you idiots at the network think "you being 1st to report" is going to get more viewers? You've got it arsrbackwards! 

I'm with ya! 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

I should clarify it a bit and could have explained it better---they didnt exactly do this as a news breaking interruption type bulletin ----this happened this morning and what they did was STOP an interesting NFL discussion and left some unanswered questions in order to save time to show the Will Smith/Chris Rock clip and allow time to discuss it.....I HATE THIS same with politics creeping into the sports programming---the reason I watch the sports channels is to get away from all the crazy non-sports stuff going on in the world--these shows help me keep my sanity....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@hckynut has me thinking.
What man slaps another grown man? Wouldn’t he use a fist?
When I was a victim of domestic violence , I always was hit by a fist. Always.

Honored Contributor

Smith also yelled some obscenities including the word you don't say on on network TV. This was loud yelling across from his seat towards the stage. 

Honored Contributor

DH said if Will Smith was serious about this he would have "decked" him. 

IDK - I go back and forth. The thing that bothers me is there might have been kids watching. More violence.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

CNBC: Will Smith apologizes to Chris Rock for slapping him at the Oscars

• Will Smith took to social media on Monday to formally apologize to Chris Rock for slapping him during Sunday’s Academy Award ceremony.

• The Academy said Monday it condemns the actions of Smith during Sunday’s Oscars and plans to launch a formal review of his actions.

• Rock has declined to press charges over the incident.

Here is Smith’s full statement:

Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at last night’s Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada’s medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally.

I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.

I would also like to apologize to the Academy, the producers of the show, all the attendees and everyone watching around the world. I would like to apologize to the Williams Family and my King Richard Family. I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us.

I am a work in progress.

This proves it wasn't planned, it wasn't *approved* and that the *Academy* is going to do a 'formal review'.  

So this may not be over.....

Regular Contributor

It bothered me to see it and I am a young senior woman.
Regular Contributor

In my opinion, when he won the award, the others there in the room shouldn't have given him a standing ovation. It's troubling they did.

Regular Contributor

That's simply not true. The hand slap was real, and uncalled for.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

The joke was rude, crude and uncalled for.  Did anyone notice the look on Jada's face?  You can tell she was insulted and embarrassed.

I think Will had every right to do what he did.

I dont understand anyone defending Chris.

Shoekitty said,  maybe because the adult thing to do would be to take it elsewhere?  Not in front of a worldwide broadcast.   No wonder there is so much violence.  I don't feel anyone has a right to do that in such a setting.  It. isn't a BBQ, or a bar.  Insults are passed all the time.  I have heard Chris wasn't aware of Jadas condition, neither was I to tell the truth.   I think her hairdo looks great. I thought that's what she wanted in a hairstyle.  Looked great.  There is a time and a place for everything.  I think Cris took the high road and handled it well.  It ruined the night for so many.  Those poor recipients of awards after that.  Ruined their night as well.   Ecause here we are talking about it, and not who won. Not a great example for his kids.  That said...if it was in bar, a home, on the street, well okay, have at it.  Although, someone a little more mature might have handles

ed his anger better.  And maybe personal insults should be kept out of the Oscars.