Valued Contributor

Oscar nomination time. Watch live.

http://awards.yahoo.com/post/108086693847/2015-oscar-nominations-watch-live

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

Re: Oscar nomination time. Watch live.

Academy President announced the nominees for cinematography. Mistakenly she announced ""D!ck Poop"" instead of ""D!ck Pope"" for the film Mr Turner. Apparently this brought out the giggles on Twitter.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

I read them online. I like and agree with some (not all). BUT they also (once again) snubbed some stars and movies I think should have been nominated!

Also- They tend to snub "top rated movies by the audiences" that are sometimes better than "some" that they give credit to IMO!

Its fun to follow yes, but it is also one big click. Because over the years there have been some great movies and actors that will never be recognized. And that's messed up! (Id list some from this year, but I don't want to spoil your thread with spoilers).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Super Contributor

Jennifer Aniston was snubbed.

Respected Contributor

They aren't any different than those of us who work ""regular"" jobs & have to live with office politics. Sometimes the people who do the best work are the least recognized for such.

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Cattitude said:

Jennifer Aniston was snubbed.

I was surprised when she was nominated for a Golden Globe.

There are far more skilled actors and actresses that were snubbed.

Esteemed Contributor

This isn't a field where you can measure results. How do you even grade art and say one is better than the other?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

This isn't a field where you can measure results. How do you even grade art and say one is better than the other?

My thoughts also.

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Smaug said:

Academy President announced the nominees for cinematography. Mistakenly she announced ""D!ck Poop"" instead of ""D!ck Pope"" for the film Mr Turner. Apparently this brought out the giggles on Twitter.

And everyone will remember his name.