Honored Contributor

Re: Oscar Pistorius NOT Being Released Today After All

@Pearlee wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Why wasn't he released today?  Just an administrative delay?

It's explained in the link I posted in my first post.  That's why I posted it.

Oh, I see.  August is Women's Month, so they think he should be kept behind bars at least for the duration of the month  (among other reasons).

That women's group put on a lot of pressure not to release him yet.

As you can read, though, it wasn't an "administrative delay."

It was reviewed, in essence, based on Pistorious not actually being eligible for that specific early release date based on SA law.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

He'll be under house release in short order.  Legal proceedings in South Africa differ greatly from our own, but I thought the prosecution's case for murder was weak.

Are you saying that you believe Pistorius in that he thought a burglar was in the bathroom?...That's not exactly the first room they go to when breaking into a home?

Also, when sleeping with someone, I would think that most people would alert that person and would also be aware if they are not in bed with them at the time of being awoken by a noise?...I would definitely alert my husband!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

He'll be under house release in short order.  Legal proceedings in South Africa differ greatly from our own, but I thought the prosecution's case for murder was weak.

Are you saying that you believe Pistorius in that he thought a burglar was in the bathroom?...That's not exactly the first room they go to when breaking into a home?

Also, when sleeping with someone, I would think that most people would alert that person and would also be aware if they are not in bed with them at the time of being awoken by a noise?...I would definitely alert my husband!

I'm saying the prosecution did not prove the theory that he murdered her, not even close so it doesn't matter if I believe what he puts forth about the crime. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm saying the prosecution did not prove the theory that he murdered her, not even close so it doesn't matter if I believe what he puts forth about the crime. 

@SydneyH...Okay, I'm just saying that you then must have agreed with the theory that, when Pistorius shot into the bathroom, he believed that there was a burglar in there?...Otherwise, why do you think he shot into his bathroom door in the middle of the night?...That is a known fact.

I also want to make clear that I'm not arguing with you at all, so I hope Im not coming across as such...I just love a good discussion.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@SydneyH...Okay, I'm just saying that you then must have agreed with the theory that, when Pistorius shot into the bathroom, he believed that there was a burglar in there?...Otherwise, why do you think he shot into his bathroom door in the middle of the night?...That is a known fact.

I also want to make clear that I'm not arguing with you at all, so I hope Im not coming across as such...I just love a good discussion.

It's good Wild, personally his story did have 'holes' imo however on the other hand, the prosecution really needed a very tight version of events to convince the one judge overseeing the case, since that didn't happen, he will be free to resume his life under their judicial law.