Respected Contributor

I have seen the nominated films, with the exception of 1917 (I don't think that I could sit through the bloodshed). 

I am curious to know what others think- 

My favorite is Little Women.

Renee Z's performance in Judy was INCREDIBLE as was Joaquin's (although, I didn't love the film). I also thoroughly enjoyed Leonardo in, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. An entertaining and, often funny film. My pick for supporting actor would be Joe Pesci or Brad Pitt. For female supporting, Florence Pugh or Kathy Bates!

Best Film

Best Actress & Actor

Supporting Roles

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oscar Nominated Films 2020

I haven’t seen all of the films, but here’s my picks.

Film: Joker (which won’t win - will be fine if 1917 or Parasite wins)

Director: Sam Mendes (1917) or Bong Joon-ho (Parasite) (it’s probably between these two anyways, with good reason). Okay with Quentin too.

And my actors aren’t surprises

Actor: Joaquin
Actress: Renee
Supporting Actor: Brad
Supporting Actress: Laura Dern - but just because I love her
Esteemed Contributor

1917 was an excellent movie. I also was dreading going but DH wanted to see it. From the moment it starts to the end is an adventure. It's filmed so beautifully. Little Women was good also but I'm leaning toward 1917 

(oh and don't tell hubby he was right it was a good moviee🤣)

Honored Contributor

If Phoenix don't win it will be a  crying shame !

Trusted Contributor

I would like to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood win for best picture.   When I first watched it, I didn't like it but now I love it.  I saw Judy and hope Renee Zellweger wins as she was awesome.   I also saw Joker and while Joaquin Phoenix was good in it, I'd like to see Leonardo win for Best Actor.   Hoping Brad Pitt wins Best Supporting Actor.   I haven't seen any of the other nominees.

Trusted Contributor

Oops, I forgot to mention I did see The Irishman but did not like it at all.   I like Joe Pesci and Robert Deniro though.

Respected Contributor

We are avid movie goers.

The awards are usually rotated among a dozen or so well known actors. Seldon are unknown actors awarded. And seldom are lesser known films recognized. 

Or maybe it is that the dozen or so actors get all the good parts?

Honored Contributor

Can't wait !

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen 1917 - no desire; or Ford v Ferrari or JoJo Rabbit. yet.  I'm hoping Once Upon A Time In Hollywood wins best pic.  I thought it was brilliant and delightful.

I think Joaquin will win best actor and he should - he deserves it.

Renee Z will likely win but again just no desire to see the movie.

For best supporting - Brad - he's due and he was great. And Laura Dern - same thing. 

I just watched Parasite today - really liked it but I don't want an "international" movie to win best pic - they have their own category.  

Honored Contributor

My granddaughter belongs to SAG and she gets the screeners.  I saw one at her house.  But I don't go to movies much.  I wouldn't see Joker to save my life.  Not that is doesn't deserve an award. I think I am too sensitive violence and pain really get to me.  I couldn't even watch 12 years a slave.