Honored Contributor

Re: Oscar Mayer is selling hot dog popsicles

I guess they could side it with that mac n cheese ice cream I have heard about.  Wonder if there will be a mustard (chocolate) sauce?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I first heard about this, I thought it was just the flavor of a hot dog, same as a strawberry flavored popsicle.

Just saw that it is also available in Atlanta. Wouldn't it be the same as going to the craft store, buying some popsicle sticks and inserting then in side of a hot dog and freeze it? I do believe kids will love it.

Don't be surprise if it stays around for a long time lol.

Honored Contributor

This is barf-worthy.

Honored Contributor

Frozen balogna sandwich on a stick will be next. 

How about frozen scrambled eggs; an eggsickle. Add drizzled frozen ketchup on top.

I'm not serious about the two above, but I just had a thought. A frozen kosher pickle on a stick might not be bad.🫒🫒🫒

Respected Contributor

Taken from..

Delish:  Oscar Mayer Is Making Hot Dog Popsicles

We had to try their new Cold Dog for ourselves.

by Gabby Romero
Delish’s Editorial Assistant, she writes stories about the latest food trends  

PUBLISHED: AUG 25, 2022

Oscar Mayer decided to partner with PopBar for this project because they use creamy gelato as the base for their popsicles.

For the Cold Dog, they flavored gelato with the smokey, umami notes of an Oscar Mayer wiener and topped off the popsickle with a drizzle of mustard-colored white chocolate.

To be frank (pun intended), I was beyond skeptical of how they could make a hot dog popsicle taste good. And somehow, they managed to do it! The gelato is extremely creamy and has a strong smokey flavor that balances out the popsicle's delicate sweetness. The sweet "mustard" drizzle makes it taste more like a proper ice cream....

oscar mayer popsicle

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Oscar Mayer is selling hot dog popsicles. They come with a squeeze of frozen mustard on them. 

This confirms my contention that way too many people have gone nuts. 

@Mindy D   It is not a hot hog-it is hot dog "flavored" gelato.  OM teamed up with PopBar for the project.

The "mustard" is yellow tinted white chocolate.

A more detailed description would have helped.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh