Honored Contributor

Oscar Mayer is selling hot dog popsicles

Oscar Mayer is selling hot dog popsicles. They come with a squeeze of frozen mustard on them. 

This confirms my contention that way too many people have gone nuts. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Oscar Mayer is selling hot dog popsicles

@Mindy D    I can scarcely think of anything more revolting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D LOL. I am still not over the pics of the guy at a Yankees game who used a straw to make a hole in his hot dog then proceeded to use the hot dog as a straw to drink his beer. 😲 People are strange. 😁

Esteemed Contributor

Not to me they are not.

Would never try, disgusting!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Jones Soda Turkey and Gravy flavor is also on that revolting list. 😁

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Mindy D LOL. I am still not over the pics of the guy at a Yankees game who used a straw to make a hole in his hot dog then proceeded to use the hot dog as a straw to drink his beer. 😲 People are strange. 😁

@FlyersGirl    Wouldn't you love to know how many people have now tried that?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Disgusting to me.  But the more I think about it, maybe this is a way for me to finally get to enjoy a hot dog without getting gas.  Joking, nope, ain't gonna happen!

Respected Contributor

PEOPLE: Oscar Mayer Drops Hot Dog-Flavored Popsicle Complete with a Drizzle of 'Mustard'

Oscar Mayer is selling frozen wiener pops

Oscar Mayer is now selling frozen wiener pops | CNN

Oscar Mayer has released a first-of-its-kind hot dog-flavored popsicle.

The unorthodox treat, aptly named a "cold dog," has a smokey flavor and gives off "umami notes" of Oscar Mayer's classic wiener. It's also topped with a drizzle of "mustard" to round out the theme.

The product originated from Oscar Mayer's "Stupid or Genius"  Instagram campaign, which set out to find all the "wonderfully odd" ways to enjoy the iconic wiener aside from just grilling.

According to the brand, after thousands of fans voted that the frozen idea was in fact "genius" they teamed up with Popbar, a company known for their gelato on a stick, to make it happen.

"After the overwhelming fan excitement for our beloved Cold Dog, it was a no-brainer to make this hot dog-inspired frozen pop a reality," said Anne Field, the company's head of North American brand

communications.

The unexpected dessert item is now available while supplies last at select Popbar locations in Long Beach, New York City, Atlanta and New Orleans.

And there's another fun way to snag the frozen dessert. From August 25 through August 27, the company's 27-foot Wienermobile will makes its way through popular summer spots in New York City and the Jersey Shore, decked out with frosted windows and icicle-inspired decorations, to celebrate the release.

Hot Dog Popsicles? Oscar Mayer Wants You To Try The Cold Dog

This isn't the first time the brand announced a surprising (and controversial!) new product. Earlier this year, Oscar Mayer released a bologna-inspired face mask.

Though not actually made of bologna, the masks — made in partnership with premier Korean beauty and skincare company Seoul Mamas — were designed to resemble slices of the deli meat, mimicking its instantly recognizable color.

We Tried Oscar Mayer's Hot Dog-Flavored Popsicle—And We Have Thoughts

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D Just the thought of this is repulsive to say the least.  A hot dog popsicle would turn me against a cool treat for the summer for sure.......

Honored Contributor

If you want to appear on TV, do something stupid.  The cameras love those stupid tricks.