Honored Contributor

Re: Orlando: Workplace rage incident

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's been all over the news.  I think we're all just numb now.  People just don't have the strength to talk about it anymore.

@chrystaltreeis correct, it's been all over the news.  It was on my homepage, our local news and various news sites I check every day.

Trusted Contributor

I saw this online earlier.  It is ashamed that it isn't big news but it doesn't mean that it doesn't affect us.  Safety used to be something that we could count on in certain places, but now that is not the case.  When you live in an age where a Godly place like a church is not safe, then nothing is safe.  I have no pity for the killer turned suicide victim.  It hurts my heart that so many other lives were taken.  When things like this happen I always wonder why couldn't the killer had just killed themself and let the others alone.  I know the answer.  They are cowards.  My thoughts are with the victime of the senseless act.

Honored Contributor

I think many have become inured to this kind of news.  It's so common now and some people just can't take the constant and continuing horror of it all.

Respected Contributor

I've never been in a scary job situation but many years ago we were all locked out of the building when we arrived for work and it turned out a former employee went into the electrical box outside which apparently was not locked and destroyed it. There were no lights, no working computers, etc and we were not paid for that day. That hurt us all financially and we felt angry about it and relieved when the building reopened the next day. 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I think many have become inured to this kind of news.  It's so common now and some people just can't take the constant and continuing horror of it all.

Add in the fact that we cannot have a reasonable assessment of guns and violence in this country😕

Honored Contributor

“The individual in question is a former employee. He was fired sometime in April of this year. He was a disgruntled employee who came back here this morning.”

"Police have not released the reason John Neumann was fired. Demings said he had issues related to his work that he is not going to disclose at this point. He worked for the company for several years.

The sheriff said Neumann had a negative relationship with at least one of the victims..."

COMPLETE ARTICLE LINK

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Worked with two people in my life that were a threat to my workplace.  First one was a woman who was going through menopause - she absolutely flipped out every day at work, slamming things around, yelling and screaming.  One day when she left she told everyone she was a member of the NRA and had a gun.  They fired her the next morning when she came in.  I frankly was glad to see her go.  She was absolutely nuts. 

The second was recent - a woman who had an automobile accident - had a bulging disc and her dr prescribed her 200 percocet which she managed to consume in a short period of time.  After that it just got worse -she started taking off work searching for another dr to prescribe more meds - the last time she took off she never told anyone and didn't call in - just never showed up for 2 days - she was fired.  Another one I was glad to see go. 

I did worry about both of them showing up at work and hurting someone.  You just never know. 

Esteemed Contributor

Very sad. It's ashamed that people can't figure out better ways to deal with their anger. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Until we...

* commit more funds to mental health resources

* reduce the stigma of mental illnesses and emotional challenges

* teach and demonstrate empathy (for all living beings) to our kids

and most of all,

* be extra careful in how we raise and mentor our sons

(especially re: effective coping skills, ego, and accountability)

...this type of violence will forever be repeated.

Sympathies and prayers for those connected to this tragedy.

Honored Contributor

According to MSN there were 5 dead and 7 injured - some critically. The shooter then fatally shot himself.

But, hey, we don't need mental health check ups before buying guns.