Respected Contributor

Re: Ordered a couple of bottles of Russian Dressing and

[ Edited ]

Sorry for all that...seems so many companies and systems are in turmoil (nice way of putting "cluster-*&^%$!")

And I know this is not your point....but of all things there was a "run on" during COVID...Russian dressing would not have been on my list.

I've been using Instacart...just did one last week...and while I can get more now than in spring & summer...still some things get replaced. Finally got my Seventh Generation 99% germ spray, which I hadn't been able to find anywhere since spring!

Then there's those "sizing mistakes"...though try as I might to be on top of that...at least one item (like last week's 32 oz cans of Hunts tomato sauce!) surprises me...all I wanted was the little can for making one pot of past fajiole, was replaced with no salt, 32 oz cans...for making sauce I guess, (I buy Rao's jarred)....thought the only change was to no salt and ok'd it...didn't realize it was two gigantic cans. Oh well. I realize these are "first world problems" and am grateful I'm able to buy the groceries and my cabinets and fridge are full.  Learning to make-do in the kitchen, and not waste anything is building character!

Such are the times. Hope your Instacart order goes well and you get your Russian dressing..and complete your cancellation. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Just received an email from the company (through Amazon) saying because of COVID19,  people ordering this drained all their supplies of this product.  I will have to cancel.  Me.  Not the company.  Ya think they would.  But no....Also said not sure when they can get an order in again.  

So I dutifully cancelled or rather tried to cancel the order.  Don't know what happened.  Couldn't.  Maybe all those other people trying to cancel?  I called Amazon & they tried to.  Not sure they can.  Oh what a great start in food shopping.  I put in a request to Instacart for next week's food order instead.

@songbird 

I think you will have better luck with Instacart than Amazon, they've had everything on my list (except Clorax wipes, but I switched to Lysol).....WOW Russian dressing, I havent had that in a long time maybe I'll order some too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda @Spurt @amyb @aroc3435 @PickyPicky3   I love that dressing too.  It's the creamy one.  Ken's Russian Dressing.  My husband only likes that dressing.  He eats a salad everyday for lunch and he has to have that dressing.  So I have to get a bunch ahead of time through Amazon.  I normally don't have any trouble.  This is the one.  I even love it.  Pretty good.  I buy from a little company on Amazon.  3 bottles for (I forget how much) but not expensive.  I usually order 2 of them (6 total)  If for some reason I get really low (like 1 left) I get it on itstacart for my weekly food order.

Respected Contributor

Walmart has the 3 pack for next day delivery for $7.71 to...

[ Edited ]

@songbird   Walmart has the 3 pack for next day delivery for $7.71 total plus 5.99 shipping or a single bottle for $12 and change plus shipping.

So the 3 pack makes more sense.  If you want to avoid the shipping charge add multiples of the 3 pack (if they will let you; they don't aalways) any other non perishable items you use/need to bring the total to $35.00 before tax and there will be no shipping charge if you keep it limited to items shipping directly from Walmart--no third party vendors.

The other items don't have to be in the food/cooking category either, by the way as long as it is coming from Walmart.  I've added a Pioneer Woman bowl set, for instance, when I only needed a little food type stuff.

I think they use FedEx if I recall correctly.  If you add other items not next day eligible they sort the order and ship in separate batches.

Hope this helps you get what you need.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@songbird   Walmart has the 3 pack for next day delivery for $7.71 total plus 5.99 shipping or a single for $12 and change plus shipping.

So the 3 pack makes more sense.  If you want to avoid the shipping charge add items to bring total to $35.00 and there will be no shipping charge if you keep it limited to items shipping directly from Walmart--no third party vendors.

Hope this helps.

aaroc3435

Washington, DC

This little company does free shipping.  I only buy anything on Amazon that is free shipping.  It's rare if I buy anything on Amazon that's not free shipping.  The funny thing is that I used to buy all my groceries through Amazon Fresh.  When the pandemic hit, I couldn't find a slot to order food.  It's normal now, but I switched to Instacart, which I like better.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

@sarahpanda @Spurt @amyb @aroc3435 @PickyPicky3   I love that dressing too.  It's the creamy one.  Ken's Russian Dressing.  My husband only likes that dressing.  He eats a salad everyday for lunch and he has to have that dressing.  So I have to get a bunch ahead of time through Amazon.  I normally don't have any trouble.  This is the one.  I even love it.  Pretty good.  I buy from a little company on Amazon.  3 bottles for (I forget how much) but not expensive.  I usually order 2 of them (6 total)  If for some reason I get really low (like 1 left) I get it on itstacart for my weekly food order.

@songbird   Amazon has this dressing as of this morning.  I see at least 6 listings.

You might want to go back and look again.  I put some in my cart and there was no message about shortage.  I took them out, though.  Just wanted to see if there was a problem.

Good luck.

eta:  Are you a Prime Member? 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Walmart has the 3 pack for next day delivery for $7.71 to...

@songbird Now I'm curious. I'll order Ken's Russian in my next curbside pickup (if it's in stock). I can still remember my college roommate's parents taking us to Ken's Steakhouse in the 60's. What a treat!

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@songbird Now I'm curious. I'll order Ken's Russian in my next curbside pickup (if it's in stock). I can still remember my college roommate's parents taking us to Ken's Steakhouse in the 60's. What a treat!

@PickyPicky3   Oh wow-we used to eat there quite frequently. 

It's still in operation, too.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@songbird   Amazon Fresh has it right now.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@PickyPicky3   Oh wow-we used to eat there quite frequently. 

It's still in operation, too.  Woman Happy

I didn't even know they were the same company.  I vaugely remember that steakhouse.  Just looked on map & asked my husband.   That resturant is gone.  It's a chain, but this particular one is no longer around since I was in school.