Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart has the 3 pack for next day delivery for $7.71 to...

@songbird   I don't remember Ken's as a chain.  It started on the back Rt. 135 in Natick and currently is on Rt. 9 in Framingham.  The Hanna Family has always been the owners.

You must be in MA.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Ordered a couple of bottles of Russian Dressing and

Oh @songbird Yes, I like Ken's dressings too..I usually get their Lite Ranch, or vinegrettes.  I use to always love Russian dressing on turkey sandwiches, with lettuce and tomato, ilo mayo, or sometimes with mayo too. Forgot about that...might have to buy a bottle...lol...if I can find it. Good luck replenishing your stash!

Respected Contributor

Re: Ken's Steakhouse

[ Edited ]

It was on a highway about 30 minutes from Back Bay.

Can anyone remember when salad dressing was brought to your table in a stainless steel gizmo that held four separate bowls* of different dressings? If you were lucky, your waitress would ask which four you wanted. 

*corrected embarrassing misspelling

Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart has the 3 pack for next day delivery for $7.71 to...

@Cakers3 wrote:

@songbird   I don't remember Ken's as a chain.  It started on the back Rt. 135 in Natick and currently is on Rt. 9 in Framingham.  The Hanna Family has always been the owners.

You must be in MA.

I now think it wasn't a Kens.  It was a steakhouse and it was part of a chain.  Anyway it's gone.  I remember getting steaks cheap.  But hey this the early 1990's so who knows.  But Kens dressing all flavors are pretty good.  I don't make my own.  So I have to get this one because my husband is fussy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ken's Steakhouse

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

It was on a highway about 30 minutes from Back Bay.

Can anyone remember when salad dressing was brought to your table in a stainless steel gizmo that held four separate bowels of different dressings? If you were lucky, your waitress would ask which four you wanted. 

@PickyPicky3Right-from Natick to Back Bay is about 30 minutes and that is where the first restaurant was established by the Hanna family, (in Natick, not the Back Bay) although it wasn't called Ken's Steakhouse back then,

Ken's SteakHouse is still on Rt. 9 in Framingham.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Ordered a couple of bottles of Russian Dressing and

@songbird OK, a bottle of your hubby's favorite dressing is now in my cabinet. Why don't you give my 3-minute homemade version a try? Smiley Wink