Respected Contributor

Order me a pair......I want two.....

I am sure the hosts review what is in their show beforehand and yet they do the dramatic " Bill order me these in an 8...no I want two pairs blah blah blah.  Do they really think we will then order a pair because they did.  I can see them saying "I saw these and ordered the black etc.".

Honored Contributor

Re: Order me a pair......I want two.....

@chiclet,

Almost all seem to do that, a sales tactic! I agree with you, most people I hope would not order just because a host did!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cjzAEAspF8g/U2_x_KICgSI/AAAAAAAABrU/unDCf6fyv3M/s1600/Ycm5BXc.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Yet they are constantly saying they cannot order until after the show to keep the inventory for the customers...........Yeah right.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Order me a pair......I want two....

Due to this specific behavior.  I was so turned off by the specific hosts behavior that I can't stand watching them any more.  Ironically it was most likely an action that was started as a "sales" technique but had the opposite effect on me!

Honored Contributor

Don't bother me I  can't wear xxs. xs, small or medium LOL

Valued Contributor

I imagine they think one of 2 things: 

"Hey, I'm such a good salesperson I've talked myself into buying it"

"When I first looked at this, I thought it was garbage, but now that I'm up close....Bill/Bob/Jack..can you order me 15 of these in a size way too small for me?" 

Then I change the channel and get on with my life...Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

To me, it just shows how bad QVC has become.  I remember when hosts used to say that they couldn't order in advance and they sure didn't pretend to order while on air.  It's nothing but a tacky sales tactic.  Lol, they always seem to want/push the colors/selection that doesn't seem to be selling the most. Personally, what someones else has (or says they have) doesn't make me feel like I want something too.  I know what I want and like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Quse LOL LOL LOL 

Trusted Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

Don't bother me I  can't wear xxs. xs, small or medium LOL

LOVE your 'shark', very unique. L

Trusted Contributor

@MarthaStewardesswrote:

To me, it just shows how bad QVC has become.  I remember when hosts used to say that they couldn't order in advance and they sure didn't pretend to order while on air.  It's nothing but a tacky sales tactic.  Lol, they always seem to want/push the colors/selection that doesn't seem to be selling the most. Personally, what someones else has (or says they have) doesn't make me feel like I want something too.  I know what I want and like. 

I remember that too! The hosts always said they had to order after the show so the customers could order first! Now, the hosts are constantly calling out order me blah, blah, blah. How things change. L