Honored Contributor

Re: Order Cancellations No Longer Allowed On Some Items

I don't think that customer service rep knows what they are talking about.  Once an order is placed with any vendor, there are no cancellations.  The same can be true about the Q.  If the order gets processed asap, you can't cancel.  As stated, sometimes you get lucky.  Best not to order it you are not 100%.

Trusted Contributor

First let me say i too am one for cancelling after placing an order, but, that being said, we all seem to be upset with late shipping. Perhaps this is the answer to solving it. I must admit the q has been shipping really fast lately
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@cyan wrote:

I guess I got lucky because yesterday I ordered 2 kitchen items just after noon, when David announced free shipping just during his 4 hour show.

At 11 PM that night, I changed my mind and was able to cancel both orders.    I was sur ptised but happy tht I could cancel that late!

When I checked order status this morning, they did say cancelled.

I had just the opposite happen to me yesterday.  I ordered an item early yesterday morning.  Several hours later when ITKWD came on and they announced the free shipping on everything, I luckily was able to cancel my order and then re-order and get the free shipping!!  I consider myself very fortunate!

New Contributor

Just  tried canceling something for the first time...delivery isn't for another 12 days...this is nonsense ...between this rule and cost of shipping back I ll never purchase anything again...closing my card...

Honored Contributor

@capawana 

Its been like this for a long time. 

Be SURE you want the item BEFORE you hit submit or you're stuck with it!!!

I've learned this the hard way and $$$ later with return fees!

Valued Contributor

If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure WHY the Q is such a stickler with the cancellation policy is that's a lost sale. I think the reason they usually don't give a long cancellation window is b/c if they can at least get that item home to you, there IS a chance of you keeping it. (I'm sure people have done studies, but I don't know any statistics) So, even if it's a 50/50 shot of you keeping the item afterall, or maybe forgetting to return within the time frame, etc..it's better than the FOR SURE ZERO they would've gotten by letting you cancel.

This is jmo, but it makes sense to me lol

~ Hope in TN ~