Occasional Contributor

Order Cancellations No Longer Allowed On Some Items

QVC customers need to be aware that you no longer can cancel an order shortly after making it for some items and vendors.  I just tried to cancel a Valerie Parr Hill item within 30-40 min. after ordering it & was told by two Customer Service Reps that it was already processed & being shipped so there was nothing they could do about cancelling the order.  This is really poor customer service.  This means I will have to pay the return shipping; one CSR put a message on my order requesting that shipping be refunded but couldn't guarantee it.  He told me to check back & call if that didn't happen to see if QVC might be willing to refund the shipping.  I was told to be "sure" I wanted to order an item so this wouldn't happen in the future, as there was nothing QVC could do about it.  I was told that vendors have different polices about cancellations.  I'm not sure why a vendor gets to dictate a cancellation policy, instead of QVC having one policy, but apparently they get to do so.  You used to be able to have up to about 24 hrs. to cancel an order.  Beware that you might not be able to do that anymore for some vendors.  Of course, when ordering, you won't know what vendors this applies to, so you might need to ask about that vendor's policy before ordering.

Valued Contributor

Re: Order Cancellations No Longer Allowed On Some Items

I wonder what would happen if you just refuse when UPS brings it.  It would be unopened and the UPS driver would just ship it back "Refused"

Esteemed Contributor

Many times the orders are forwarded to the vendors for shipping, thus no longer in QVC control.  In this electronic world that transfer can happen very quickly.  Lesson learned, order only when sure you want it, or pay for the return.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

It has been known for quite a while now, that one doesn't have luxury of deciding hours later that they don't want an item, and cancelling.

One has to be 100% certain that they want/need the item before submitting that order, which I would think would cut down on impulse purchases, which is probably a good thing.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

It would probably get lost in transit and the Q wouldn't refund the money. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two things:

1) The cancellation situation has been in place for at least a year; maybe 2. QVC needs to have this somewhere in BIG BOLD letters so everyone is aware of it BEFORE they order.

2) I have been told repeatedly they don't receive it, you WILL be charged. Same if you can't prove you sent it back; if they can't find the return in the system, you WILL be charged. I'm not taking that chance (I did once and got burned). Accept the package, open it, call CS, tell them the situation, reseal, drop off at PO and get a receipt. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have long felt that QVC makes a lot of steady revenue from the shipping and return fees they charge. If you pay $3.50 shipping to get it home and it costs $6.50 to return it using the label....you are paying $10 just to look at the item in person.....and now you can’t cancel the order? I am very careful what I order and now wait until there is the occasional free shipping day.

Honored Contributor

People have been posting here for a long time about this problem with no cancellations. It's nothing new.

Contributor

I guess I got lucky because yesterday I ordered 2 kitchen items just after noon, when David announced free shipping just during his 4 hour show.

At 11 PM that night, I changed my mind and was able to cancel both orders.    I was sur ptised but happy tht I could cancel that late!

When I checked order status this morning, they did say cancelled.

Honored Contributor

I guess there's a lot more "impulse buyers"  customers than is workable.   I guess its better not to buy something if you aren't sure you want it.   Duh.