Respected Contributor

Re: Oprah to interview Doria this week

I really hope Oprah leaves Doria alone and let her enjoy whatever time she has to spend with her daughter and Harry. Oprah had her heyday back in the day. I am tired of seeing these show host/news casts  intrude to deep into people's lives. Boundries need to be set in place. 

Valued Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

The dailymail is known for fake news.  this was long ago confirmed as  NOT HAPPENING!!! 

dailymail is saying it will NOT happen....Harper's is reporting it will.....

and I agree about dailymail....they are a mess

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I really hope Oprah leaves Doria alone and let her enjoy whatever time she has to spend with her daughter and Harry. Oprah had her heyday back in the day. I am tired of seeing these show host/news casts  intrude to deep into people's lives. Boundries need to be set in place. 

Did you not read the previous posts where this not true but a rumor?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I used to love watching Oprah every day (Rosie, too!).

But she said something one time, (that I thought I must've been hearing things!), and it was so flipping ignorant, that I clicked her off and never again.

It was about OJ Simpson.

I thought to myself, if that is how she thinks, I can't waste one minute more ever listening to her again, good or bad.

I hope Doria doesn't feel pressured into do having to talk to anyone about anything.  Maybe she's extremely private and she has a right to remain private.

Occasional Contributor

@BettyNewbie wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

The dailymail is known for fake news.  this was long ago confirmed as  NOT HAPPENING!!! 

dailymail is saying it will NOT happen....Harper's is reporting it will.....

and I agree about dailymail....they are a mess

Harper's only  sources so far are the tabloid rumor mill.

They mention The Sun specifically and the article The Sun posted says "it is believed" and "it is thought" there will be a interview.

So far it's just a click bait rumor mill fueled by the U.K. Tabloids.

Esteemed Contributor

Selfishly I would love to see Oprah interview Doria. I possess an incessant curiosity about people, especially people with whom I am impressed. Doria falls into that category.

I would hope for a broadcast interview. I want to see if she is as gentle and kind as I assume her to be.

Honored Contributor

If Doria does do an interview with Oprah (and hey, why not, its her life, her bank account), then Every. Single. Person. who condemned her FATHER sure as blip better step up and say the same thing for her mother.

Otherwise, once again, hypocrisy at its best.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

If Doria does do an interview with Oprah (and hey, why not, its her life, her bank account), then Every. Single. Person. who condemned her FATHER sure as blip better step up and say the same thing for her mother.

Otherwise, once again, hypocrisy at its best.

What world are you living in?  Oprah doesn't pay people for interviews.  And Meghan's father did NOT give any interviews.  He staged some ridiculously phony photos to cash in on some tabloid money.  He sold his daughter out for a fist full of dollars.  The Oprah interview is a sham....now.   But I do hope that Doria does sit down for an interview at some point.  She seems like to be a lovely and serene, strong woman.  We would like to know her story.  

Excuse me for not knowing how Oprah works when it comes to interviews as I really don't give a flying flag.

I live on THIS planet in THIS world which, if you saw many a thread, the fact that her father or sister or some family member talked to the press caused nothing but hatred for dad. But hey, if MOM talks for whatever reason, it's ok. Oprah is still a form of interviewing entertainment aka the press. It's not different. 

Like I said, I don't care what the mom does. But if she does talk to anyone and it's put out there for the world to hear/read and no-one says anything (unlike her dad), yeah, they're a hypocrite. 

You have a nice day now! : )

Honored Contributor

Doria is a lovely and gracious woman.  I am confident that even if Oprah wanted to interview her that Doria would be making up her own mind to go ahead and do the interview or not.   I don't see her ready to jump into any spotlight any time soon.

I have a feeling Doria is going to be hounded more than Meghan and that is a shame.

Doria may very well want to be near her daughter; Meghan had high praise for her mom.

I would surmise that the move won't happen immediately.

All the best to Doria.Heart

And it really would be nice not to see gossip rag threads started before the "Facts" have been determined to be true.  Sheesh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh