Honored Contributor

Re: Oprah to interview Doria this week

@Cakers3 wrote:

Doria is a lovely and gracious woman.  I am confident that even if Oprah wanted to interview her that Doria would be making up her own mind to go ahead and do the interview or not.   I don't see her ready to jump into any spotlight any time soon.

I have a feeling Doria is going to be hounded more than Meghan and that is a shame.

Doria may very well want to be near her daughter; Meghan had high praise for her mom.

I would surmise that the move won't happen immediately.

All the best to Doria.Heart

And it really would be nice not to see gossip rag threads started before the "Facts" have been determined to be true.  Sheesh.

@Cakers3  A thousand times this.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

It was reported somewhere that she quit her job recently.  Perhaps a move to the UK is in the works.

She's a social worker and the reason given was that she wants to go into private practice but I think she will be relocating to the UK to be closer to her only child.  Eventually, she will have grandchildren and that's where they will be.  It's what I would do.  

Thought she was a yoga instructor.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

It was reported somewhere that she quit her job recently.  Perhaps a move to the UK is in the works.

She's a social worker and the reason given was that she wants to go into private practice but I think she will be relocating to the UK to be closer to her only child.  Eventually, she will have grandchildren and that's where they will be.  It's what I would do.  

Thought she was a yoga instructor.

@FranandZoe  Doria does both.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@BettyNewbie wrote:

in London says Harper's Bazaar UK

WHY????

her face said everything I need to know

@BettyNewbie

I also ask WHY ....   Leave it to Oprah to stick her nose into it.   She gave up her show to do other things.   I am not an Oprah fan.   

DITTO!!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't be interested in an interview with her mother.

The world already knows Meghan's story.

Hopefully, as her daughter is now a member of the RF, her mother will be very cimcumspect about interviews, etc.

Honored Contributor

Isn't Oprah a special correspondent for 60 Minutes?  I would assume any interview would be under the 60 Minutes umbrella.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Well.

That didn't take long. It's probably why Oprah went to the wedding in the first place.

Just sayin.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

If Doria does do an interview with Oprah (and hey, why not, its her life, her bank account), then Every. Single. Person. who condemned her FATHER sure as blip better step up and say the same thing for her mother.

Otherwise, once again, hypocrisy at its best.

@SahmIam

I just want you to know my position on this matter so you don't confuse me with a hypocrite. I would welcome an on-air interview with Thomas Markle  conducted by someone I consider to be a bonafide correspondent--i.e., someone from 60 Minutes (my preference probably being Anderson Cooper). 

I suspect he is a victim of the circus created by his other two children--Thomas Jr writing that ridiculous letter to Harry and Samantha Grant acting like the class(less) clown on the news every evening begrudging the fact she wasn't being included in the wedding festivities. I also read that she was instrumental in those staged photos of Thomas Sr and a reporter.

I hold no malice toward Thomas Sr. Obviously I don't know him and would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially considering he has been living the life of a recluse with compromised health.

So the bottom line is I am an equal opportunity interview viewer! 

Esteemed Contributor

Doria appeals to most of us to be a personally successful, peace-loving, interesting woman. Why wouldn't we want to know more? And Oprah? There's much more good about her than bad -- unless, of course, you thrive in negativity and enjoy bashing successful people. IMO 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I would think this rumor has to be true. How else did she end up being invited to the wedding? Does anyone know the connection?
A friend in need is a friend indeed.