Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

btw:  I love the cover.

Oprah cannot win no matter what.  If she was photographed sans make-up, hair piece, and in a regular ol' top-posters would be picking that she can afford to look much better.

I'm still smh over the smash against Oprah when she attended the royal wedding.

I agree-this thread was just another pick at a woman who has done more in life than most of us.

I'm going to kick myself for saying this-but I believe jealousy has reared it's ugly head by starting this thread.

Oprah-you go, girl.

@Cakers3

As the author of this thread, I can assure you I did not start it to pick at a woman who has done more in life than most of us.

I could not believe my eyes when I read it was a (recent) photo of Oprah.

I am sorry I started it.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Every.single.time a celebrity comes out with a professional photo,

everyone yells ‘photoshopped!’ or ‘makeup!’

Professionally applied makeup?  Sure

Digital touchups?  Of course

The fact is....the essence of a person can NOT be altered with

makeup or photoshopped.  

Oprah is foundationally a really pretty lady.

She knows how to move in front of a camera. 

Even watching her live...the camera agrees w/ her.

....and with that, I’m sure someone will post a 

‘‘Stars without Makeup’ pic. 3-2-1...

Sorry, but I worked in graphic design many years and I am here to attest to the fact that the essence of a person certainly can and is often altered with photoshopped.  You can enlarge eyes slightly and make someone look kinder and more emphathetic or kinder, tilt the corners of the mouth slightly and they seem more pleasant, etc. etc.  AMAZING with someone with even limited skills can do.

Thinner? SURE!  Brighter, you bet!  Making small adjustments to the eyebrows is one of the most common changes that make people look meaner or nicer. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Oprah on British Vogue

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Stunning picture!

She looks younger there than last month at the wedding!

Here’s a video of her at the wedding...no photoshop or special angles.

Looks the same. 

Again I say, she’s a pretty lady.  And it shows in pics. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi9qxjqgf2W/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xhn1ayqvctgf

You can definitely see some aging in that video...her face is a bit fuller too..........

Not bashing just stating what I see from comparing the two

And the double chin.  Whether you like Oprah or not, they DO photoshop cover photos.  When you can readily see it, you can't deny it.  

It isn't bashing anyone to say a picture looks photoshopped to you.  It's a simple fact of what you see.  Whether you like or dislike Oprah is not bashing unless you are saying terrible things about her--which saying you like or don't like her is not.

People have opinions and until and unless we learn to respect and allow for our differences we will NEVER get anywhere.  Simple disagreeing or having different opinions is not necessarity HATE.  It is a difference of opinion and should be respected for what it is. We don't have to LIKE every body, we have to act like we do.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Stunning picture!

She looks younger there than last month at the wedding!

Here’s a video of her at the wedding...no photoshop or special angles.

Looks the same. 

Again I say, she’s a pretty lady.  And it shows in pics. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi9qxjqgf2W/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xhn1ayqvctgf

You can definitely see some aging in that video...her face is a bit fuller too..........

Not bashing just stating what I see from comparing the two

And the double chin.  Whether you like Oprah or not, they DO photoshop cover photos.  When you can readily see it, you can't deny it.  

It isn't bashing anyone to say a picture looks photoshopped to you.  It's a simple fact of what you see.  Whether you like or dislike Oprah is not bashing unless you are saying terrible things about her--which saying you like or don't like her is not.

People have opinions and until and unless we learn to respect and allow for our differences we will NEVER get anywhere.  Simple disagreeing or having different opinions is not necessarity HATE.  It is a difference of opinion and should be respected for what it is. We don't have to LIKE every body, we have to act like we do.

No one is saying it’s not digitally altered.

All photos are cleaned up in some form/fashion.

But it’s not like she’s a dupe for Halle Berry or Tyra Banks.

Funny how some can’t see the Captian Obvious...it’s Oprah.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

btw:  I love the cover.

Oprah cannot win no matter what.  If she was photographed sans make-up, hair piece, and in a regular ol' top-posters would be picking that she can afford to look much better.

I'm still smh over the smash against Oprah when she attended the royal wedding.

I agree-this thread was just another pick at a woman who has done more in life than most of us.

I'm going to kick myself for saying this-but I believe jealousy has reared it's ugly head by starting this thread.

Oprah-you go, girl.

@Cakers3

As the author of this thread, I can assure you I did not start it to pick at a woman who has done more in life than most of us.

I could not believe my eyes when I read it was a (recent) photo of Oprah.

I am sorry I started it.

@lulu1 - I know that was not your intent (bashing). The same thing happened when I posted her Favorite Things thread.

It just reveals the essence of these posters, the same ones over and over and over that bash women whether they are successful,  struggling or a former Q host. They do it intentionally to derail the threads or to relish in someone's struggles. 

Don't stop posting! And don't fret about those posters. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

The cover is great but not an Oprah fan.