Honored Contributor

Re: Oprah on British Vogue

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Stunning picture!

She looks younger there than last month at the wedding!

Here’s a video of her at the wedding...no photoshop or special angles.

Looks the same. 

Again I say, she’s a pretty lady.  And it shows in pics. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi9qxjqgf2W/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xhn1ayqvctgf

You can definitely see some aging in that video...her face is a bit fuller too..........

Not bashing just stating what I see from comparing the two

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I don't think it is the best picture I have seen of her.  There is no joy in her eyes, really, no life. 

While I am not a fan, she is a woman full of joy and life.  This picture is a poor portrayal of that. 

@tends2dogs

I'm not really a fan, either, but she seems to not know what to do with herself lately. 

After ending her show, she still had her magazine, but now she made a big splash about being a 60 Minutes contributor, but I haven't seen many segments, and now I see her face in the grocery store on boxes of Oprah mac and cheese and mashed potatoes.  Huh?   

Honored Contributor

That photo is a marvel of modern technology on so many levels... That aside, while one almost has to admire Oprah having made the very most of her opportunities, I am just so tired of this woman... I'm tired of seeing her, tired of hearing about her and tired of the ongoing efforts to virtually deify her...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oprah on British Vogue

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

That photo is a marvel of modern technology on so many levels... That aside, while one almost has to admire Oprah having made the very most of her opportunities, I am just so tired of this woman... I'm tired of seeing her, tired of hearing about her and tired of the ongoing efforts to virtually deify her...

@stevieb

Amen, sister !!   ......  Enough, already.

Honored Contributor

Every magazine cover is stylized and photoshopped even models who are seemingly perfect.  Not sure why Oprah’s would not have the same treatment. 

It’s a gorgeous cover!

Honored Contributor

Wow! I do like it. It is a grogeous cover and captures her elegance and charm without being over the top! It is very different from seeing her every day look, but for this magazine-Beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Alot of people are jealous of her ,envy her ,she came from poverty,abuse and made it to the top ,i admire her ,photoshopped or not!!!!

----------------------

Really???  I admire what she has done for herself and to herself, but she has been so overexposed!! 

I really liked her show when it first began, but then there was just too much Oprah.  She was everywhere ...every magazine, news story, televison show.  Just got so tired of her.  In my eye, she is a has-been, kind of like Geraldo Rivera. They are there -- but who cares???

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Just an excuse to bash Oprah.

@QVCkitty1

I did not start this thread to bash Oprah.  As I said in my OP, I've watched and enjoyed Oprah for years.

When I saw this picture this morning I could not believe my eyes. (I had my cataracts removed in May so my eyesight is great) I honestly thought it was a young model who (sort of) looked like Oprah.

Honored Contributor

This is from a video less than 2 months ago.

She looks the same...in live video & on this cover.

92C3BBEF-AA5D-41AE-AA12-2FA3F217E326.jpeg