Honored Contributor

Re: Opioid Epidemic New Info via Washington Post

@haddon9 wrote:

I feel bad for those who truly need a strong painkiller.  Yes there is an opioid epidemic and many have died as a result but on the other hand those in constant pain with no relief may also feel like their lives are not worth living in the condition that they are in.

I actually took a mild perscription painkiller (Hydrocodone) when I had an unbelieveable toothache that kept me up all night in constant pain.  I felt like crawling the walls it was so bad and the pain went deep into the root of my tooth.  Thank goodness my doctor gave me a painkiller and I was able to sleep the next day.

I can't begin to imagine what it's like to be in pain all the time and it's a shame that those who do need relief are now being denied it.

Shoekitty said,

amen to that!  

Esteemed Contributor

today's news say that 93,000 Americans have died from overdose  in the last year which is a 29% increase from the year before per a US  report.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44this thread is two years old.  Why not start a new thread?  Just wondering....I thought bringing up old threads gets it zapped......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life