Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Opinions On Kansas City Steaks

I've never tried these, but, I watched a presentation of a deal yesterday (M89246) .It consisted of 2 filet mignons, 2 ribeyes, and 2 sirloins.

Included were some twice baked potatoes and chocolate lava cakes. Steaks are 6- 8 oz, so not very big - a total of 6.37 lbs. $187.00 for the deal. Seems a bit expensive to me.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

Re: Opinions On Kansas City Steaks

@Sapphiregal

I always was kind of suspicious, why, on Kansas City Demos, always press on a pile of TWO, or more patties, to show juiciness? Of course, it would be juicier...

Have you compared these to "Omaha Steak" (kits)? They seem priced well, esp at Christmas. And can contain, chicken, potatoes, dessert, pork, beef, etc

Has anyone else done the comparison of these two above?

Esteemed Contributor

I have never been disappointed with any purchase from Kansas City Steaks, and have used them to feed others, but Omaha Steaks has better deals on its brand website.

Trusted Contributor

@Sapphiregalwrote:

I've never tried these, but, I watched a presentation of a deal yesterday (M89246) .It consisted of 2 filet mignons, 2 ribeyes, and 2 sirloins.

Included were some twice baked potatoes and chocolate lava cakes. Steaks are 6- 8 oz, so not very big - a total of 6.37 lbs. $187.00 for the deal. Seems a bit expensive to me.

RIDICULOUS price - MAJOR rip-off.

Contributor

I love Kansas City Steaks! I haven't had a bad order yet. I'm on auto-delivery for the bacon wrapped filets, and a couple variations of the medallions/tips. I've also ordered the Vidalia onion hamburgers and have preordered the prime rib for xmas. The hamburgers were a little smaller cooked up than I expected, but they tasted great. Do not hesitate to try them. I find their quality to be better than Costco, Rastelli's and my local grocery stores.

Honored Contributor

I have tried Kansas City and Omaha steaks. They both are good.

I don't like their package deals too much. You get a couple of steaks, a few pork chops cut from the pork loin, and chicken breasts and maybe dessert or stuffed potatoes.

The chops and chicken should not be so expensive and we don't need the sides or desserts. I buy them for grilling during the summer.

The best is Omaha Steaks hot dogs. We love them, but kinda expensive.

I had the last Omaha chicken breast for dinner tonight left over from summer.

I can do better from a local butcher, but the convience of having them already frozen and wrapped well is a summer draw for me....they go in the Camper's freezer.

Respected Contributor

I've have regularly bought Kansas City, Omaha, and Rastelli's and of those three Kansas City is my favorite.

I'm not a fan of buying what I consider fillers like potatoes and lava cakes.

Don't forget to check the Kansas City website. Although I have found QVC's prices to be better than the KC site you may find a configuration there that you like better.

Occasional Contributor

You're right.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal

Beings I live in Omaha, but! I quit eating meat/fish and fowl in the mid 1970's. I have met a few guys that work at Omaha Steaks, and my wife prefers them over those from KC? That's my input.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I tried KC once. Imo they do not compare to Omaha. I get Omaha when they have good sales. Omaha gets my vote.