Honored Contributor

Re: Opinion people this way!

I had my Mom and Dad's ashes for two years before we finally decided what to do with them and the family could get together. I liked having them with me. There was no rush for us.

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee I am in awe of your courage and reverence.  Heart  I can't even imagine.  My heart just aches for you.  

My other cousin lost her mom to Covid in May and it was basically a quick suited up viewing with the bag unzipped to her face to say goodbye and then gone.  The funeral homes won't even take or embalm those patients.  

I wish you peace and you and your family and your mom will be in my prayers today. Huge hugs.  🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 I am so happy 7/18 is settled for you, your mother, and your sister.

Peace to all the family.

Respected Contributor

My sister died in January and there was no memorial or funeral.  Her daughter placed the ashes and headstone a few months later when the stone was ready and the cemetary was able to install it.  I always hated funerals but now I see it is what allows you to accept and believe the person is gone.  I know in my mind she has passed but it is not real to me and I still think she is at her house and I have not seen her for a while.   Maybe I don't need to accept it.  I am happier pretending she is still alive.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet Heart🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

@Laura14   I read there is a final date now of 7/18.  I hope you are feeling better for your mom and I hope she will have some peace after this is all over.

Be well and God bless.Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh