Honored Contributor

Re: Opinion people this way!

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt Would it be inappropriate to play na, na, na, na, na, na, na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye to my cousins when we finally do have a service and it's all over?  I am about there.  🤣👋

@Laura14 

Why, I think that would be just PERFECT & APPROPRIATE..... 😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 😂 Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt 😂 Smiley Wink

@Laura14 

Or since you are a paesano....

106541882_1466158326904838_7518027719625206474_n.png

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🇮🇹

OMG I can't breathe!  Thank you!  😘 I needed that!

Now I am going to my uncle's funeral with this in my head.  😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🇮🇹

OMG I can't breathe!  Thank you!  😘 I needed that!

Now I am going to my uncle's funeral with this in my head.  😂😂😂

@Laura14 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

have not read any of the replies, but here is mine.....

these days, i see everything from a burial the day after death, to a burial and/or gathering a month or more out, to no gathering/burial at all. i think each family does what is right for them.

a friend of ours just passed away last week from complications from ALS. it was inevitable, but very unexpected at this time. he was taken to the hospital to be able to harvest as many organs as possible. his wife even posted it on facebook to see if anyone was waiting for an organ transplant. they kept him alive for a day or two. there will be no burial, but they are planning a crab feast in about a month from now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Okay, I guess I am not with it anymore.  I would think that you would give the family and friends an opportunity to say goodbye relatively soon.  Interesting...  

the time to say "goodbye" is BEFORE someone dies, not afterwards......especially if they are ill or have something debilitating.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If not for Covid restrictions, I'd say most services should take place between three and twelve days of your loved one's passing. Around here, there have been private burials with memorial services planned for mid summer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Still Raining I am so sorry!  I couldn't even imagine trying to handle more than one.  Heart

Nothing to be sorry about.

The last died almost two years ago (I flew to the service, no burial).  

The fourth in line is a little loopy and it has become a family joke.  

I have a hunch either DD or I are fifth in line and happen to know we can scatter on private land or else they actually have paid up plots.  Maybe Muslims have it right - 24 hours or else.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Careful of what you don't know.  We happen to be of a religion, my cousins have since left it, but saying goodbye in prayer after someone dies even if not church led is part of who I and especially my mom's generation is all about.  She would like that respected if possible.

And please don't try and tell anyone they didn't do enough or love their loved one enough when they've just passed.  I am sure you didn't mean to but that came across very rough.  The neurological diseases are horrific in their dementia aspects and physical limitations.  But for the grace of God...