Esteemed Contributor

Re: 'Opinion: Americans need to rediscover the lost art of tolerance'

I think there should be less board policing and controlling by posters. We have Board monitors, let them do their jobs. 

Tolerance is important in tolerating other's opinions when you disagree. You can attempt to change minds and hearts, or you can just pass on by.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

(thread title)

@golding76 

For too many, the "re" does not apply.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

As a very minute example are these forums.  There have been many posts where people were seething with anger.  I bet if the word hate was counted in post for the last 2 years we would be shocked, and it would not show the ones that have been locked or deleted.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I can respect other people and their choices and be tolerant as long as they are not hurting anyone. But no one can force me to accept that what some are doing is the right thing to do.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

You can be polite without being in agreement.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Title of an article I just read.

Yes, I agree.  So much of what goes berserk on this forum is caused by a glaring absence of tolerance.

@golding76 

Loss of tolerance is a big problem with what is happening in our country.  We don't have to agree with each other on everything, but we should agree that everyone has the right to have different opinions.  Respecting that right is so important.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Life is a lot more fun when accepting others the way they are. People need to stop expecting people to live like they want them to.

Nothing will change until people get smart enoiugh to stop supporting those who spread propaganda and hate against certain "categories" of people.

Esteemed Contributor

People can live like they want to as long as they are not doing harm. But me not “accepting” how they live is living and believing how I want to.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have to tolerate having peoples beliefs, opinions, non-beliefs shoved in my face every waking hour of every single day.

Honored Contributor

I attempt to not put my intolerances on public display in the hope that I appear more open-minded and mature in my thinking.