Honored Contributor

Re: Operatic Star @AudraEqualityMc Tweets To Save A Family

Noel7 wrote:

sidsmom wrote:

Social Media really has helped, if not saved, so many people.

Next time before someone complains about 'today's technology',

I hope they reflect upon all these Twitter/Facebook posts

during this time. 

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! @sidsmom

Word is out already that the ladies have been rescued.  Audra has more than 193,000 followers.  It IS amazing how social media can help.

"Amen" to that, @sidsmom and @Noel7.

Prayers for all who are in peril and for all who are offering a helping hand.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Social Media is working to rescue people. They are not sitting there chatting it is being used to alert the authorities as to where they are

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Most people don't condemn all social media but simply point out that it is misused by and abused by so many that it is significant and not a positive asset to life when used that way or in excesses that cause neglect in other aspects of one's life.

Like most things in life, it is not all bad, and it is not all good. Sing it's praises where appropriate, but don't defend it's evils or abuses either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Most people don't condemn all social media but simply point out that it is misused by and abused by so many that it is significant and not a positive asset to life when used that way or in excesses that cause neglect in other aspects of one's life.

Like most things in life, it is not all bad, and it is not all good. Sing it's praises where appropriate, but don't defend it's evils or abuses either.

Say what?

I have to wonder where this came from.  I don't see anyone defending evils. 

In fact, I saw this story as a good woman using her connections to save lives.  The rest is crazy talk, imo.