Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Our mall here is dead as a doornail when things are normal....I doubt opening would change anything...

I was thinking the same thing.  Definitely less people, with more room to move around, in most malls vs. a Walmart or grocery store.  I just think it's difficult, period, to know what's right.  Places do need to open and people do need to get back to work.  At least people are wearing masks (although many are not wearing correctly.) I'm in the "it's a small price to wear a mask if things can open" side of the argument. But, so many people think masks are a waste of time.

I also agree that the Amsterdam restaurant is cute - assuming a restaurant can be successful with only 5/6 tables. And, I would imagine that a thorough cleaning would need to be done after each table completes eating.  Doesn't seem to be a sustainable model.  Can't remember where I saw it (in this forum or elsewhere) where a restaurant put plastic shower curtains between tables.  

Super Contributor

Re: Opened up a mall

[ Edited ]

In the 2 pictures of the coffee shop (some have their backs turned, so it is hard to tell), I see nobody with a mask on.  I know sooner or later, they have to take them off to eat, but in the meantime. Kids aren't wearing one.  

Trusted Contributor

For people looking at that line and thinking people are standing on top of each other take a look at these two different shots taken of a line someplace else. Things are not always what they seem.

ln.jpg

ln1.jpg

Honored Contributor

UPDATE: The Tri-County Health Department issued an order to close to the C&C Breakfast & Korean Kitchen just after 12:30 p.m. Monday, until the health department “determines the establishment is in compliance.”

you can see how close people are when you watch the video.....and read the news report.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/05/11/cc-breakfast-korean-kitchen-coronavirus-colorado-restaurant-s...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Today I went to another food store (ours is really sparse) & holy crow I rode past Marshall's.  The line was about 100 people just waiting for it to open.

I thought oh boy everyone out ...I'm in no hurry to go in any stores right now.  But, my friend went she said most  did not wear masks on, no  consideration for others and no sign of "social distancing".  They also went to HomeGoods same thing.  Neither of these stores are big.

Tomorrow, they are do full openings of most malls & stores. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

They opened up some of the outdoor malls in my state (AZ) but left the air conditioned indoor malls closed. Go figure. Not to many people shopping outside in 100 degree weather. 

I guess that was a good compromise. Open things up and in such a way that those that truly need something would go out and source it in that kind of situation. Those just bored and wanting to 'go shopping' for distraction might just stay home.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Found on twitter.  Don't know where it is, but it opened today.

This is nuts.

I personally can't imagine anything in a mall that I would need bad enough to get in that mess. I suppose there might be some people in need of something that bad, but I can't list what it might be. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opened up a mall

[ Edited ]

@Jinlei wrote:

Who in the heck shops at malls anymore?  The one in my town has been closed for 5 years.  Funny what people think is important.

I'm not so interested in shopping at the mall but the malls in Arizona open very early for mall walkers. With the gyms still closed and it being over 100 with lows in the 80's and 90's until October walking outside is just no feasible so the malls are the best bet for getting some type of exercise. 

Esteemed Contributor

We drove past a mall last week.  The parking lot was full, but we didn't stop.