Honored Contributor

Malls.

Ick.

Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

Amsterdam has a GREAT set up // So cute...outdoor green houses....cozy/safe....dining. (imo anyway)

SAFE Amsterdam .png

I love it.  Very clever.

Respected Contributor

Re: Opened up a mall

[ Edited ]

@cbrite wrote:

Amsterdam has a GREAT set up // So cute...outdoor green houses....cozy/safe....dining. (imo anyway)

SAFE Amsterdam .png

I think that's perfect for Amsterdam right now, where the high today is 66 degrees. They might also work in San Francisco or the pacific northwest.

We're in the 80s every day in central Texas and it has already hit 97 once. In the summers, it's often still 80 degrees outside when I go to bed. Those would be ovens with the sun out and saunas at night. 

Most things about this pandemic suck, but I have been impressed by the ingenuity and creativity people have employed and I look forward to seeing more things like this as we try to figure out how to live with this new reality.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Found on twitter.  Don't know where it is, but it opened today.

I don't know where that is, but Malls in Texas have been able to open f11 days now. There's no way I'll be going near one, but they are open.

Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

SAFE Amsterdam .png

i love this idea, but someone will have to go in and really sanitize those little greenhouses after each customer leaves. i wonder if they are doing that?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

SAFE Amsterdam .png

A closer look. No masks, social distancing apparently being violated by the two waitstaff you can see in the photos. The one with the white top is partly in the diners' enclosure. Interesting concept, but it looks tough to get right in execution. I feel for everyone involved here. Even that mess on the plate.

tagreuters.com2020binary_LYNXMPEG450TC-BASEIMAGE.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Our mall here is dead as a doornail when things are normal....I doubt opening would change anything...

Trusted Contributor

It's hard to say if they are socially distancing or if the depth perspective of the photo makes it look like they're not. Unless a photo is shot from above, like from a drone, we can't tell for sure.

Honored Contributor

Re: Opened up a mall

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

SAFE Amsterdam .png

A closer look. No masks, social distancing apparently being violated by the two waitstaff you can see in the photos. The one with the white top is partly in the diners' enclosure. Interesting concept, but it looks tough to get right in execution. I feel for everyone involved here. Even that mess on the plate.

tagreuters.com2020binary_LYNXMPEG450TC-BASEIMAGE.jpg

@noodleann 

How is it possible for ANY servers to socially distance?

Unless they have 6 foot long arms, it ain't happening.

Even with that board, that's not 6 feet.  Nice try, though.  Better than what many are probably going to see in this country.

Trusted Contributor

Who in the heck shops at malls anymore?  The one in my town has been closed for 5 years.  Funny what people think is important.