Honored Contributor

Re: Open Air Urinals in CA

[ Edited ]

I don't see a drain.. Are they just going on the concrete and then it just goes everywhere?  Seems like a poor design.  Aren't there restrooms on the commuter train.  Why are men in such a hurry to relieve themselves when getting off the train.  Isn't it discriminatory - no facilities for women.  And as others have noted, it's unsanitary. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

See op first link , there is a drain.

The London ones pop up for awhile, then go down.

Respected Contributor

Yes, there is a drain.  My DH says most men don't wash afterwards.  He does wash his hands, but he often comes out of the restroom and tells me which men didn't wash.  LOL  I've got him paranoid like I am.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Britian they (a concierge) hand out funnels for women.  It's called the she-pee.

http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2012/11/urinals.html

I'm speechless!

Honored Contributor

Who was the idiot that came up with this idea?

Super Contributor

@mima wrote:

Yes, there is a drain.  My DH says most men don't wash afterwards.  He does wash his hands, but he often comes out of the restroom and tells me which men didn't wash.  LOL  I've got him paranoid like I am.

LOL!

Respected Contributor

Why wouldn't the screen cover the whole fencing?  If you're walking up from the side, it seems you could see his business.  Maybe a guy who could actually stand there and pee in public wouldn't care about that, but no one else wants to see it going on.

Super Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Why wouldn't the screen cover the whole fencing?  If you're walking up from the side, it seems you could see his business.  Maybe a guy who could actually stand there and pee in public wouldn't care about that, but no one else wants to see it going on.

LOL

Honored Contributor

Just like dogs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Just like dogs.

I bet the dogs are attracted to the smell and use it too.